Ford 3000 PTO question

/ Ford 3000 PTO question #1  

OhioHops

Tractor
AC190XT, Ford3000
My PTO stopped working...so, I removed the PTO shift lever and cover to find that the PTO Shift Arm is broken (internally) and the shift lever isn't turning anything -- thus the fork isn't sliding the collar down to engage PTO.

I have an older 3000 and my shift arm (part #C7NNN7540A) doesn't look the same as the replacement arms (part #81819532) that are available I find online today. Does anyone have any experience with this repair? My shift arm has one hole for the ball-bearing and the newer replacement part appears to have two holes. This will affect how the fork will engage if it's wrong. I hate to order the wrong part at $80 + plus shipping...

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide
William

Last edited:
   / Ford 3000 PTO question
I think I found my answer from the New Holland Parts site.

For future reference to owners of older model Ford 2000 and 3000 tractors with 6 or 8 speed transmission -- the PTO shift arm and PTO shift plate both must be replaced if either one goes bad. It appears the newer designed plate will do a better job of securing the PTO lever in the neutral position to avoid accidentally engaging the PTO, but the redesign also changed the design of the shift arm and the two work together. The shift lever (handle) stays the same. In my case, the shift arm broke so I am replacing both it and the shift plate (plus a new ball bearing and spring since the old ones are worn).

Thanks,
William