add hydraulic pump or not

/ add hydraulic pump or not #1  

dudleydoright57

Tractor
New Holland Booked 40
I have New Holland boomer 40 whit a woods BHX 90 backhoe my son thinks I should add hydraulic pump because he said it would gave it more power is there trust to the ha or not?

/ add hydraulic pump or not #2  
A bigger pump or more pump capacity would speed the backhoe up.

/ add hydraulic pump or not #3  
If you're running the tractor at full throttle you will notice very little increase in power. You will however, notice an increase in the reaction speed of the hydraulic functions.

/ add hydraulic pump or not #4  
I have New Holland boomer 40 whit a woods BHX 90 backhoe
my son thinks I should add hydraulic pump because he said it would gave it more power is there trust to the ha
or not?

Contrary to some beliefs, you can not get more power out of your engine than it was made to deliver, without
engine mods.

Your tractor's implement pump puts out 8.2GPM flow at maybe 2500psi. (Pressure spec is not published in the
brochures). The power you experience at the hoe is a product of the flow and pressure.

The BH90X will operate fast enough at 8GPM, no problem.

What I think you are concerned about is the FORCE that it puts out. That is limited by the hoe's relief
valve, which may be set too low. I think the BH90X is built well enough to handle the full 2500psi
your tractor likely puts out. Get a gauge and set the RV higher.

On older tractors, the implement pump may be a little undersized for the tractor's engine, so a
PTO pump could help there. That is not the case for newer CUTs, for the most part.

/ add hydraulic pump or not #5  
:welcome:
To the forum Dudley from Alabama.