N H " hst " filter blows gasket on tc40da

/ N H " hst " filter blows gasket on tc40da #1  

newtooblue

Tractor
tc40da
I bought a used tc40da and changed the hydro fluid and filters. I went to Napa for the filters and used travelers fluid. Now the gasket on the hst filter blows out when I raise the rpm above 1000. I called a NH service shop today and they think that the NH filter should solve the blow out. I sure hope so. Has anyone else had this happen????>?

/ N H " hst " filter blows gasket on tc40da #2  
I bought a used tc40da and changed the hydro fluid and filters. I went to Napa for the filters and used travelers fluid. Now the gasket on the hst filter blows out when I raise the rpm above 1000. I called a NH service shop today and they think that the NH filter should solve the blow out. I sure hope so. Has anyone else had this happen????>?

Used to be a big problem even with an OEM filter. The latest filter has been in production for 2-3 years and we have had zero problems.

/ N H " hst " filter blows gasket on tc40da
I will be pulling the pressure relief spring and ball that is built into the filter housing and give it a good cleaning. I hope to find some junk built up in there or water that is frozen.

/ N H " hst " filter blows gasket on tc40da #4  
Don't expect to find anything there. Check if you want, just go buy the OEM filter. SBA340501030.

/ N H " hst " filter blows gasket on tc40da
Don't expect to find anything there. Check if you want, just go buy the OEM filter. SBA340501030.

You are the man,,, I bought the oem filter and I did check the bypass and it was clear. " No LEAK" That will help me sleep tonight . Next question I also replaced the the big hydo filter with the Napa brand , should I replace it with the New Holland filter? The control decals need replaced, were would you go online to find parts? Thank you for all the help..

/ N H " hst " filter blows gasket on tc40da #6  
You will have to draw your own conclusions about NAPA filters. I sell New Holland filters so I can't be objective. It's pretty clear that the NH hydrostatic filter is superior. NH filters have different internals than the Wix you get from NAPA. You won't find those control pod decals anywhere but a New Holland dealer. Why not buy local as you did with the hydro filter? There are two NH dealers with major internet presences. As a brick and mortar dealer, I beat one online dealers everyday pricing every day of the week and pretty much match the other. Your local pricing results may vary as dealers set their own pricing.