Ford 1310-Quit-won't restart

/ Ford 1310-Quit-won't restart #1  

flatheadfan

Tractor
F2400 Kubota
I have an 80's 1310 Diesel-500 hours-plowing snow today when it slowed down, then would speed up, then only idle and finally quit. Still had fuel in tank but when I took the fuel filter assembly off it was only 1/2 full. Filled assembly with diesel and it started briefly and quit again. I noticed the fuel flow was slow from tank and blew out line and volume picked up. Cracked the screw on the fuel filter assembly and the filter was filling up. Cranked over with the lines cracked at injectors and they did get wet. However it never hit a lick after that. What is proper sequence if the motor needs bleeding of air? Thanks in advance

/ Ford 1310-Quit-won't restart #2  
Start at the Tank and take the fuel with you as you move towards the injection pump. What you did would have started my Kubota as I never have had to bleed past the injection pump. I would have put a new fuel filter on and filled it with the red power service. This would eliminate any ice or gelling in the bottom of the filter. I would have drained the tank of the bad fuel when you got it flowing to the filter. If the tank had gelling or ice blockage you just blew it into the tank to make a return trip back to the filter. Sounds like you need clean fuel [winterized] and some heat if possible. I have gotten away with taking 5 gallons of fuel into a heated garage for awhile. Good luck .

/ Ford 1310-Quit-won't restart #3  
My NH 1920 was recently experiencing fuel problems. My 'tractor guy' recommended a fuel filter change and he came over to help as I read on TBN of many air problems when messing with the fuel system. His filter replacement technique worked great, but it's a 2-man job. I sat on the tractor while he carefully unscrewed the filter bowl to remove the spent filter. He put the new filter on the tractor and held the bowl up against the threads without screwing the bowl in. I cranked the tractor at full throttle until fuel came spilling over the top of the filter bowl (onto the ground) and then he screwed the bowl on hand tight until it sealed. The tractor finally fired and ran extremely rough, even with the throttle wide open. After about 2 minutes at wide open, the tractor RPM started picking up and it slowly smoothed out after all of the air was purged from the lines. Same technique also works good if you run out of fuel.

/ Ford 1310-Quit-won't restart #4  
Owners manual will have the proper bleed procedure for your tractor. Proper bleeding is essential to get the tractor started. If no smoke when cranking confirms no fuel to start it.