RickB! NH 688 Round Baler Power Harness Part # 86509520 question

/ RickB! NH 688 Round Baler Power Harness Part # 86509520 question #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
RickB:

I just purchased a used New Holland 688 baler with both net and twine wrap. It has never been used for twine and I don't intend to start either. I got the wire harness with the Bale Command II monitor but I don't have the power supply harness. I looked up the part number and found it to be New Holland part # 86509520. I have a few questions I'm sure you can answer.

Does this harness come with a circuit breaker/fuse? What is the length of the harness since it has to run from the battery or the starter solenoid battery connection to the back of the tractor so I assume it's long enough to do that.

Is the hardware available to mount the Bale Command monitor in the TD95D cab? If so, what do I attach it to? It looks like what I call a "spade mount" and the tractor side is the female receptacle for the spade mounted on the Bale Command monitor. The only viable place to mount it looks like the steel piece at the bottom of the front windshield of the cab. Got a part number for the female side?

Thanks in advance.

/ RickB! NH 688 Round Baler Power Harness Part # 86509520 question #2  
The harness is probably 5 feet long and has a 30 amp breaker incorporated into the battery end of the positive lead. New Holland never did even a poor job of providing monitor mount kits for tractors other than old 40 series or 70 series Fords. After that it's kind of a DIY project starting with an SMV spade mount. I always like to mount the Bale Command unit on the cab A post when possible so the bale shape bar graphs can be observed easily without turning one's head 90 degrees. Tractor operator's manuals sometimes give monitor mount points.

/ RickB! NH 688 Round Baler Power Harness Part # 86509520 question
The harness is probably 5 feet long and has a 30 amp breaker incorporated into the battery end of the positive lead. New Holland never did even a poor job of providing monitor mount kits for tractors other than old 40 series or 70 series Fords. After that it's kind of a DIY project starting with an SMV spade mount. I always like to mount the Bale Command unit on the cab A post when possible so the bale shape bar graphs can be observed easily without turning one's head 90 degrees. Tractor operator's manuals sometimes give monitor mount points.

I can't use the "A" pillar on the TD95D cab. The LH one has the heater hoses in it and the RH has the AC coolant lines in it. There is a mounting point on the RH "B" pillar but that will mean I have to look 90° from the direction of travel to see it. The lower windshield frame is a possible location, or a home made bracket from the joystick mount might be do-able. It would also be possible to do a floor mounted stand with the SMV spade mount at the top. It would have to be mounted on a wide base to keep it from wobbling all over the place. I don't like cantilevered mounts because they bounce all over the place. Perhaps a mount anchored on one of the joystick support bolts running to and attached to the lower windshield support.

Figuring out how to mount the Bale Command monitor will probably be more challenging than running the baler!