Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
Our TD95D require replacement of the cab heating hoses. This requires removing the cab roof to gain access to the hoses that supply the heater heat exchanger. These pass through the A pillar from the roof and then to the engine connections.

I have the NH CD service manual for this tractor and I have attempted to follow their poorly written instructions and the roof will not budge. It says there are four bolts but all I have found is two bolts and 2 nuts with accompanying studs. I thought maybe the light bar bolts were also holding it down so I loosened them but its till will not budge.

Has anybody out there removed a NH TD95D cab roof and if you have how did you do it?

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal #2  
Never removed a TD roof or seen one removed. But the typical Italian/Turkish Fiat cab roof won't come off without removing the headliner to access hardware.

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal
Never removed a TD roof or seen one removed. But the typical Italian/Turkish Fiat cab roof won't come off without removing the headliner to access hardware.

Rick,
Thanks for responding.
I asked this question on the AgriTalk Machinery forum and got a response from a guy that just replaced his hoses on a Case IH JX80. He said the weather strip seal that seals the upper cab structure to the roof "glues" itself to the cab roof and you have to take a thin blade between the roof and the support structure to break the seal loose. You also have to remove the rear light bar fasteners, which I have loosened already. That was the conclusion I came to after starting the work yesterday. This guy didn't mention taking out the headliner so apparently he didn't have to do that.

I haven't had any luck in the past with European made rubber products as far as durability (as evidenced again by this hose failure) so I'm planning on Using Gates Green Stripe hose. Since it has a bigger OD and wall thickness I will probably have to use 1/2" rather than 5/8". I may get some coolant flow reduction but the heater at present will drive you out in the coldest weather I've seen so far(-20F).

Thanks again for your resonse. I will report back on my success (or lack thereof) with this project.

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal
Well I finally got the roof off our TD95D today. I got some help from some guys on the AgriTalk forum who had experience with this. It turns out the edge of the hole in the roof can hang up on the threads of the big hold down studs. I was able to get at the left had side one through the cab air filter cut out and pry it up with a brake spoon. On the right side, I had to remove the rubber seal around the stud and then torque the roof a little and it came loose. I started this project last Saturday and finally got into the roof compartment this afternoon. It looks a little like the parts manual.
The inside hoses look like they are brand new so I'm considering leaving them on and just splicing in new exterior hoses.

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal #5  
So I have TN75D. No fan blower response, No heat no AC. Think issues is up in cab ceiling. Want to start this repair when summer arrives in MI. Any other hints you might suggest to be helpful along the way for roof removal? Do you like the agritalk forum better for answers? (just curious)

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal #6  
On my M9 Kubota cab tractor, I remove the roof every spring and clean the ac evaporator as it gets munged up even though there is a cabin filter. Running hay, I get fine hay dust up there so I have to clean it.

On the Kubota, you NEVER remove the headliner as the heat and ac controls as well as the stereo speakers as well as the accessory switches for the wipers and lights hard mount to the headliner. The roof is removed by removing the 6 long Phillips head screws INSIDE the cab and leaving all the rest intact (as they retain the headliner).

I also have a perimeter gasket around the outer edge of the roll cage assembly that the roof sits on and seals out the outside and mine has a habit of sticking to it as well. I have replaced the foam gasket in the past because it deteriorates after a while.

The new Kubota's have their AC and heater units under the seat and I'm not sure I like that actually. Looks to be a bugger to access.

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal #7  
So I have TN75D. No fan blower response, No heat no AC. Think issues is up in cab ceiling. Want to start this repair when summer arrives in MI. Any other hints you might suggest to be helpful along the way for roof removal? Do you like the agritalk forum better for answers? (just curious)
On my Kubota, all the relays and fuses are under the roof. Maybe yours are as well.

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal #8  
I apologize for missing this. I have had the roof off mine. I do remember it took some work. Glad you got it off.

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal #9  
Again, my roof gets removed every spring and the heat and AC heat exchangers get cleaned. No matter how good your roof mounted air filter is, you will always get a certain amount of build up on the heat exchangers no matter how careful you are. SOP for me.

/ Help! TD95D Cab Roof Removal #10  
I know this is an old topic, but I will add this for future reference.

The heater hoses failed because the sun degraded the rubber.

Wrap the heater hoses with wire loom to protect it from the sun. The split plastic corrugated kind works well.