Ford 2000 Hydraulic Leak

/ Ford 2000 Hydraulic Leak #1  

Mearntain

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 2000
As the title says, I've got a 3 cyl Ford 2000, I believe it's a '68 but the specific year shouldn't matter. On the right side of the tractor, there are 2 lines (1 larger 1 smaller diameter) running there in which I assume both are hyd lines. There's a bit of hyd oil over the fitting where it enters the rear (underneath the foot rest by the brake pedals) so I know that's leaking but am unsure of the small line.

While I'm at it, I would prefer to go ahead and replace both of the lines seals. I have a repair manual for the tractor, but can't find any info on the names of the parts/seals I need nor can I find a diagram of the parts either. No luck online yet either.

Can someone direct me towards the parts I need for the repair and if someone had a diagram to share, that would be awesome. Part numbers and any tips/things to watch out for when I'm doing this would be a plus! Thanks!

/ Ford 2000 Hydraulic Leak #2  
I think you're referring to the hydraulic pump pressure and suction lines.

download 1.png

You can follow this link 2000 - SERIES - 3 CYL TRACTOR 1/65-12/74 | Messick's to find the list of parts in the diagram.

/ Ford 2000 Hydraulic Leak #4  
I’d suggest figure out which one is leaking. The year does make a difference, but on my 3000 one line require pulling the top cover off to fix, and the other doesn’t. The larger return line is easy to fix, it just pulls out. But I’ll warn you that the o-ring they sent me with the new elbow wasn’t fitted properly. It felt loose when I put it together, and started leaking again soon afterward.

/ Ford 2000 Hydraulic Leak #5  
I'd suggest figure out which one is leaking. The year does make a difference, but on my 3000 one line require pulling the top cover off to fix, and the other doesn't. The larger return line is easy to fix, it just pulls out. But I'll warn you that the o-ring they sent me with the new elbow wasn't sized properly. It felt loose when I put it together, and started leaking again soon afterward.

/ Ford 2000 Hydraulic Leak
I'd suggest figure out which one is leaking. The year does make a difference, but on my 3000 one line require pulling the top cover off to fix, and the other doesn't. The larger return line is easy to fix, it just pulls out. But I'll warn you that the o-ring they sent me with the new elbow wasn't sized properly. It felt loose when I put it together, and started leaking again soon afterward.

I ended up going by New Holland on lunch break and picked up the crush nut for the small line and the second o-ring for the small line. I also got the o-ring for the large line so hopefully I'll be covered between those 3 parts.

When I do this fix, do I have to do anything to prime those lines back up? Or do I just refill the rear with oil, crank the key, and things are good to go?

/ Ford 2000 Hydraulic Leak #7  
Shouldn’t have to do anything, just fill with fluid and start it up.

Sounds good, thanks

MMagis, I was wondering what the reason you had to pull the top cover on your 3000 for doing the small top line was? Did you have to hold a line on the inside while removing the outside line? Just wondering in case I'll have to do the same on mine.

/ Ford 2000 Hydraulic Leak #10  
Now I’m starting to question my memory. I thought the smaller line was retained with a nut or something on the inside, but now I’m not so sure. However, I think the 2000 is a bit different than my 3000 where those lines enter the housing. You could check New Hollands parts diagram, it should give you a better idea.