TD95D - Hard Clutch Pedal

/ TD95D - Hard Clutch Pedal #1  

Lazz

Tractor
NH TD95D, Kubota M4050
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and to NH tractors. I am interested in buying a 2007 TD95D, it has 3700 hours. The clutch pedal is extremely hard, it's to the point where I almost have to stand on it to get it to depress fully. When releasing it feels pretty normal as it has positive engagement. The tractor had the clutch replaced about 700 hours ago. I am concerned that this will be a major repair. I don't think the tractor is usable, especially for bale/loader work. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this condition? I am trying to determine if I should pass on the tractor, or is this something that could be repaired at a reasonable cost? I am waiting for the dealer to come out and check the tractor, but they can't check until middle of next week. Any information will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

/ TD95D - Hard Clutch Pedal #2  
In general.....check the angle where the cable and the releaselever come together......if angle is bigger than 90degrees its bad......if smaller than 90 degrees its ok

/ TD95D - Hard Clutch Pedal #3  
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and to NH tractors. I am interested in buying a 2007 TD95D, it has 3700 hours. The clutch pedal is extremely hard, it's to the point where I almost have to stand on it to get it to depress fully. When releasing it feels pretty normal as it has positive engagement. The tractor had the clutch replaced about 700 hours ago. I am concerned that this will be a major repair. I don't think the tractor is usable, especially for bale/loader work. Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this condition? I am trying to determine if I should pass on the tractor, or is this something that could be repaired at a reasonable cost? I am waiting for the dealer to come out and check the tractor, but they can't check until middle of next week. Any information will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

It could need an adjustment and it's hard to get at to adjust. Most likely the throw out fork has the throwout bearing partially depressing the clutch fingers so when you push the pedal you are immediately depressing the pressure plate springs. Either that or the throwout bearing is riding on a "rough shaft" ( rust, old clutch lining dust, dirt, etc ) making it hard to slide the bearing on the shaft. Also make sure that nothing has gotten into the pedestal to interfere with the clutch pedal motion.

My experience has been that theclutch pedal adjustment loosens and the clutch can not be disconnected. I have never experienced a hard to depress pedal.

/ TD95D - Hard Clutch Pedal
Thanks everyone for the feedback on this. I ended buying the tractor, and it being taken directly to the dealer. I will update again when I have their diagnostic. Hopefully, it just an adjustment and tractor splitting is not involved.

/ TD95D - Hard Clutch Pedal #5  
Thanks everyone for the feedback on this. I ended buying the tractor, and it being taken directly to the dealer. I will update again when I have their diagnostic. Hopefully, it just an adjustment and tractor splitting is not involved.

We are still waiting for an update.