TS 110 PTO Problems

/ TS 110 PTO Problems #1  

8956elliott

Tractor
TS 110
I have a TS110 and we have a gremlin in our PTO System. The PTO will simply stop turning under a mid level load. Our dealer could not duplicate our problem on their dyno. I'm just searching for some guesses. Here is what we know.

1 - THe stops are random. We may go weeks without a stop.
2 - It tends to stop under a middle level load. We run a round baler and it almost always stops when the bale is 1/3 formed.
3 - IT will often restart simply by pushing the PTO button in and pulling it out. But not always.
4 - When the above does not work it will restart if the tractor is turned off and restarted.
5 - It will restart while still under load. We do not need to kick the bale out.
6 - Nothing is slipping inside the tractor. There are no hot smells or noise associated with a slipping clutch.
7 - The engine never stalls or pulls down.
8 - the problem seems less after having the injectors rebuilt and gaining the 15 horsepower that it had lost from them.

On one hand it seems like it could be a hydraulic problem. I understand the clutch is engaged with the hydraulics. That would explain it not slipping. That does not clearl explain it restarting with by simply turning the PTO off and back on. Also related to hydraulics is the fact that it always stops at about the same level on the baler. (It also stops from time to time when bushhogging.). The fact that it takes a system reboot from time to time to reset the system seems to point toward electrical problems. We've chased both.

Once again any suggestion would be appreciate.

/ TS 110 PTO Problems #2  
Welcome to TBN. Odd problem indeed. The PTO module has a sense wire running to the alternator, black and white about 20 - 22 gauge I think. This sends a signal to the module that indicates the engine is running. Check the wire and harness in the engine compartment to see if the insulation isn't worn through allowing the wire to ground out causing the intermittent condition. Doesn't answer why it is doing it at half bale, but it is a possibility.

/ TS 110 PTO Problems #3  
G'day as tractor tech said a bad alt will stop the pto I also had a TM with an intermittent pto fault that turned out to be a loose earth wire at the rearplate that the trailer plug is mounted to they are very electrically sensitive and can be difficult to find at times

Jon