Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one!

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #211  
Yep. In my area the large AG tractors are not bought with intention of keeping them long term.

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one!
There’s definitely something to be said about simplicity and lack of electronics.

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #213  
Lou, it's my theory that your last sentence describes their success and longevity. They were overbuilt. And they rarely operated at 100% capacity. In today's attempt to minimize production costs and increase profit margins that "cushion" is missing. I expect my Kubota to perform tasks regularly that are at or near it's capacity. In our attempt to do more with less we have put the longevity of our modern tractors at risk.

I do not think this theory is as applicable in the large AG class tractors. But it's common practice in the Utility class and smaller.

I also agree with you concerning simplicity. My 1984 Ford 3910 is built with that theory. I recently purchased a 1984 Ford 555A TLB. It's the same.

Plus not beating up the sheet metal in the case of this 8000. Few care for the insides if they are willing to beat up the outside.

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #214  
This is our 3910, 1988 model. It has the column shift 8x4 transmission. It's just a basic chore tractor. Moving and unloading round bales, and brushhogging is its life. Great tractor. 20180609_125708.jpeg

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #215  
If we wish to include the "ancients"

Attachments

• Fordson snow blade left.JPG
    Fordson snow blade left.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 291
  • Fordson snow blade RF.JPG
    Fordson snow blade RF.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 280
   / Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #216  
Great picture is that a homemade roof?

I haven't been on this site in a couple years where is the like button?!

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #217  
Somebody help me I can't figure out how to post pictures here!

Not trying to wine, but this site really needs to be updated to a more user-friendly format!

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #218  
Somebody help me I can't figure out how to post pictures here!

Not trying to wine, but this site really needs to be updated to a more user-friendly format!

Not whining back but this site is pretty simple to use. Spend some time checking out the icons in the rows above your reply and you'll figure it out.

Actually, I might have given explicit instructions in an earlier post in this thread.

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #219  
View attachment 558011
This is FrankNFord - 1947 (so I was told) Ford 8N engine - 2N transmission and who knows what else. Beauty of these old Fords - everything is interchangeable.

View attachment 558015
I added new stabilizer bars - wouldn't go without now.

View attachment 558016

Back blade on paved drive very nice for light snows. When it gets heavy I use my Toro 325D snow thrower.

View attachment 558017
My grand daughter helping get firewood :)

/ Ford Tractor photo thread, lets start one! #220  
IMG_0934.JPGIMG_0933.JPG

Getting ready for hay season. This is my buddies 861 Powermaster