My new to me Ford 5610 MWFD Cab

/ My new to me Ford 5610 MWFD Cab #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
I just purchased this tractor. A couple questions. I have a 14k trailer. Will it handle this tractor? I think so but I'm having a hard time finding the actual weight. Tractor data says over 9k ballasted. This tractor has Cab, MWFD, ballasted, and a loader. Also, can I run 18.4x30 AG tires on the rear? Been looking for the correct steering gearbox and finally got it installed.

IMG_2412.JPG

/ My new to me Ford 5610 MWFD Cab #2  
You are gonna be at or over the limit on that trailer. If the front and rear tires are properly sized now, you will have to change the fronts if you change the rears.

/ My new to me Ford 5610 MWFD Cab
OK thanks for the info. Regarding the tires why did Ford use smaller tires in the back which makes it look like it sitting rear end low? Most MWFD tractors look level to me but the Ford looks low in the rear. Thank you

Also what would be required to goto a 1 size bigger rear tire?

/ My new to me Ford 5610 MWFD Cab #5  
Tractor data lists 30, 34, and 38 inch rear rubber for the 5610. Don't know what is on your tractor but you would need new rims to match the rubber. Not an inexpensive option.

/ My new to me Ford 5610 MWFD Cab #6  
Tractor data lists 30, 34, and 38 inch rear rubber for the 5610. Don't know what is on your tractor but you would need new rims to match the rubber. Not an inexpensive option. Nice tractor.

16.9x 30. Wanted to go with a taller rear tire but guess I would need to change front gearing to do so. Tractor looks rear end low as it is now but I've seen some with a level stance so was curious as to how to achieve that.

/ My new to me Ford 5610 MWFD Cab #8  
16.9x 30. Wanted to go with a taller rear tire but guess I would need to change front gearing to do so. Tractor looks rear end low as it is now but I've seen some with a level stance so was curious as to how to achieve that.

I would think that the first step would be to determine what the correct tire sizes are relative to each other. The front tires should overrun the rears by something like 3-5%. By finding out the gear ratios in the front and rear and measuring the circumference of the tires you can find out if the tires that are on there currently are correctly matched. If they're not, you're gonna need to swap something out or else not use 4wd until you get it remedied. Hope that makes sense.

So how do I find out the gear ratios in front and rear?

/ My new to me Ford 5610 MWFD Cab #10  
Good question. I guess there's another way to go about it. This website shows 5 options for rear tires and 3 options for fronts. TractorData.com Ford 561 tractor dimensions information

You need to figure out which goes with which and then make sure you have one of those combinations. Perhaps a dealer would be able to help you out.