PTO problem NH4835

/ PTO problem NH4835 #1  

Cruigh

Tractor
NH4835
Hello all.
I have a problem with the PTO drive on my 4835. When I engage the yellow switch the pto turns very slowly with absolutely no torque.I can stop the pto with my hand. With the pto engaged when I rev up the tractor it also stops spinning.I have checked the oil level and it is fine. There is no issue with the lift arms and I got a guy to check the pressure going to the pack and he says this is fine also. any ideas Thanks

/ PTO problem NH4835 #2  
If the clutch pack lockup pressure is at spec but the clutch slips, the discs and plates need to be looked at. They are probably shot.

/ PTO problem NH4835
Thanks for your Reply. Is there any way of checking or testing the clutch pack without disassembling the rear cover or has it to be visually inspected. Thanks

/ PTO problem NH4835
Thanks RickB. I have never done this procedure before. Do you know the steps involved in the dismantling of this job and will a visual inspection tell the parts are shot. Appreciated.

/ PTO problem NH4835
Thanks RickB. I have never done this procedure before. Do you know the steps involved in the dismantling of this job and will a visual inspection tell the parts are shot. Appreciated.

WELL I got the unit out and its seems to be in good condition with no signs of wear. Where can I look now that this is eliminated. thanks

/ PTO problem NH4835 #7  
Pull the long shaft out of the clutch drive. It should be splined on the front end and long enough to engage a drive hub at the engine crankshaft rear flange.

/ PTO problem NH4835
Pull the long shaft out of the clutch drive. It should be splined on the front end and long enough to engage a drive hub at the engine crankshaft rear flange.

I have i taken a look again at the the problem. I have ground drive on the pto. but when i engage the lever to 540 it spins slowly with no torque yet ground drive is fully torqued. Any ideas

/ PTO problem NH4835 #9  
Ours does the same thing what was the fix ?