1972 ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel cav pump problem

/ 1972 ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel cav pump problem #1  

ghostrider04

Tractor
1972 ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel
I have a 1972 ford 4000 it sat for several years the motor was seized up got her freed up put new injectors bled the system she fired up and i ran it for a bit ....shut it off for a few minutes and it would not start again plenty of fuel coming out of bleeding screw when cranking over but no fuel getting to the injectors i removed the injector line from the pump and cranked motor no fuel pumps out any help or ideas thank you

/ 1972 ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel cav pump problem
i was going to take the top off and replace the 0 rings today would the metering valve be visible from the top I'm trying to fix it without pulling the pump off ???

/ 1972 ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel cav pump problem #4  
Yes . You can see it not moving when operating the shut-off

thank you so much for your help i will give it a try ......

/ 1972 ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel cav pump problem #6  
PLENTY of videos on utube. type> cav top cover leak

Thank you i took the top off replaced the 0 rings and base gasket put it back together no more leaks bled the system to the pump still no fuel to the injector lines / not even where the line connects to the pump ....stumped ???

/ 1972 ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel cav pump problem #8  
Did you check the meteringvalve when the top was off ?

yes it was moving back an forth just fine but i did not pull it out .... should i have

/ 1972 ford 4000 3 cylinder diesel cav pump problem #10  
Leave it in ...remove back end of pump (5/16 wrench) and keen vanes in with finger and crank engine to see if vanepump is rotating( pumping) Then you need to strip that part and remove the filter and clean it. Rebuild all...bleed again ...and see if it will start.