throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #1  

highntuff4x4

Tractor
2017 workmaster 60 4x4
Need help.. I purchased my first workmaster 60 4x4 back in March of 2017.. Tractor would consistently die as we were bush hogging going up hill or riding on a slight angle like the seat sensor was defective... Dealership could not fix our issue with the seat adjustment screw and finally bought that tractor back with 19 hours after tractor sat at dealership more than on our farm and gave us another workmaster 60 4x4 with 0 hours in July 2017.... The dealership did exchange this seat with a different model so the seat sensor issue has been taken care of however now we are experiencing issues with the tractor going to a 1500 rpm at any time during operation and not accepting any throttle via by hand or gas pedal. Dealership only says no one else is having these issues... Our tractor is once again at the dealership sitting for the past two weeks until they can fit it into shop to look at it...

We were cutting hay and bush hogging. Tractor running great and all of a sudden the rpms drop to aprox. 500 rpm. The rpm hand on dash will max out for a second and drop back to 1500rpm without the engine revving. Tractor will still pull at the 1500 rpms as long as it is in gear but will not accept any gas feed until you turn key off and restart tractor then it will run just fine and accept the gas pedal feed and hand throttle on dash. The tractor may run 5 mins or hours but will always do it again... In 3 hours this past Friday this happened 4 times which is very aggravating... Been on phone with New Holland Rep, visited dealership and have got so irritated went to look at other brands even though I and family have been a loyal new holland and ford owner my 50 plus years.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #2  
I have not has this issue. I've owned a Workmaster 50 since May of 16 and have over 130 trouble free hours.

I took care of my seat switch with tape. As far as the intermittent rpm issues I have no idea other than the dealership scanning the EMC for fault codes?

Just as an aside my wife is from Athens and we travel there twice a year to see her mom.

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #3  
I bought a new Workmaster 60 this past spring. I had trouble with the seat sensor also. I ended up bypassing it just to get the tractor to run. I've also (and still do) have the exact same problem with RPM dropping with no throttle response. I have not been able to get the dealership to resolve the problem. They are unable to get the tractor to reproduce the problem, but it happens all the time. No rhyme or reason as to when it will happen. I just turn the Key off and on to clear the problem. We're you able to get the problem resolved?

John L.

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4
Yes the throttle issue has been resolved. Dooley Ford dealership in Athens and New Holland rep. Had the complete computer replaced on tractor and that fixed the issue. Still working on the seat issue however. I would contact New Holland rep and complain. They are supposed to have seat sensor issue resolved very soon I am told and will fix that. Tired of the ride like an old log wagon .

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #5  
Thanks for the update. I'll have to go that route while it's still under warranty. I couldn't take using it with the seat all the way down.

jl

It took me calling and emailing New Holland and getting someone else involved to get something done. After I got a case number the lady stayed in touch with me every few days with updates and even contacted me dealer. My dealer gave me several cell numbers before changing co.outer out and told me to contact them 24/7 when tractor acted up and to leave it in field running until someone got there. However new holla,d decided to change out the complete board and I have not had an issue since. Case closed. Happy with new Holland and customer service rep. That helped me out

/ throttle issues 2017 workmaster 60 4x4 #7  
We've dealt with the same New Holland dealer for a number of years and have known the family even longer. I hope to use your experience as an example to get thus resolved. I'll get back on it after the first of the year. I'll post my results once it's resolved.

Thanks for the help on this. Merry Christmas!

Spoke to my father about what all was done to tractor to resolve the throttle issues. They changed some computer chips not the complete computer to resolve issue. Have your dealership contact Larry Malone or Richard in service dept. At Dooley Ford New Holland in Athens TN. For specifically what was done to resolve issue. Have ask what they did to resolve issues with Ross Monroe's tractor.

I spoke to Larry and Richard at Dooley tractor and they said no one has called them regarding what was done to fix the rpm issue on out tractor. Did you dealership ever get your issue resolved for you? We have recently been experiencing a voltage drop to 11.4 amps on the dash but tractor runs fine and again when you turn key off and back on amps are normal. They have replaced the alternator and today they are changing the battery. I swear I just do not think these new tractors are as good as the older ones.

We are still dealing with the seat sensor issue but dealership told us they are going to a meeting new week with new Holland somewhere and they will ask for updates for a fix