TT75A would not start.

/ TT75A would not start. #1  

Wcason925

Tractor
2009 New Holland TT75A
I have found a lot of useful info from this site and feel obligated to share a weird problem I had with my NH TT75. Have had a lot of trouble with rust in tank stopping up fuel filter. Not so bad now, but I changed the filter today. Ran good after I changed it, and didn't have to bleed it. When I have had to bleed it in the past, I just remove the plug in the center of the lines on the injector pump and hand pump it til it flows good. Two hours running after changing filter, I got tangled up in brush and killed the engine. It fired a couple of times and then would do nothing.
Checked power to solenoid and bled at injector pump. Got fluid at fitting. No cranky. Sprayed starting fluid in air intake. Nothing. Took air cleaner off and had tremendous suction. Nothing. Mechanic said that if it did not fire at all with starting fluid then I'd had to have stripped a gear or broke a shaft or key. Sounded serious.
On a lark I bled # 2 injector line at the fitting on the injector. No fuel flowing at first. While bleeding this injector, it started to hit while turning over engine. Tightened nut on injector and engined cranked. After leveling out, it is running fine. Don't understand how one injector air locked would prevent the other three from firing. Why did it need bleeding two hours after changing filter? Strange.
Don't understand how this fixed it, but maybe this will be useful information for someone with this type of problem.