Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help

/ Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Anyone know where to get stabilizer bars for my tractor? Dealer seems to be lost on this. It’s a 1984 or 85 Ford 5610 Cab tractor MWFD. I would entertain a newer adjustable system if available but the old flat bar style is fine too. IMG_4563.JPGIMG_4566.JPG

/ Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help #2  
I bought a pair of the adjustable ones off eBay for my 4610 SU. They have worked great. I mainly use the tractor to brush hog.

/ Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help #3  
Anyone know where to get stabilizer bars for my tractor? Dealer seems to be lost on this. It’s a 1984 or 85 Ford 5610 Cab tractor MWFD. I would entertain a newer adjustable system if available but the old flat bar style is fine too. View attachment 539689View attachment 539690
Looks like to me if you flip the lower bracket that bolts the rops to the axle 180 degrees then you could just use the hole where the existing chain is bolted and that bracket to attach one of the turnbuckle style stabilizers.
I looked online. The factory kit is no longer available.

/ Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help #4  
Yep, what Turby said. I'll do some research and post where I bought mine. I love em.

/ Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help
Ok great. The adjustable ones are what I would like to have but got burnt of first set I bought for my 4610 as something didn’t fit correctly (can’t remember what) and dealer wouldn’t take them back. So is yours the square or round tube type? This tractor is freaking amazing but I have these two items to figure out. Really hope with your help we can do it.

/ Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help #6  
Mine are square. Still searching for where I bought mine. It was online. Someplace like "junk tractor parts" or something like that...... :(

/ Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help
84 man that’s great news as it means my 5610 should have came with one too. Only issue is that I didn’t see one listed for my tractor. Maybe I over looked it so will take another peak tomorrow. Sure would like to find that shield if I can.

/ Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help #8  
Wengers of Myerstown carries a ton of used tractor parts.

/ Ford 5610 rear stabilizer bar help #9  
Maybe "Cheap Tractor Parts"?? Was a complete kit that included the axle brackets and U bolts.