Slow cranking TD80D

/ Slow cranking TD80D
I'm setting my charger on 50 amp engine start. Don't have to wait. Just hop on and start.
This weekend I cleaned everything. The cables look good. I even tried using a heavy set of jumper cables and going straight to the starter(ground and hot) in addition to the regular cables.

/ Slow cranking TD80D #22  
This weekend I cleaned everything. The cables look good. I even tried using a heavy set of jumper cables and going straight to the starter(ground and hot) in addition to the regular cables.

How's the battery ground connection?

/ Slow cranking TD80D
How's the battery ground connection?
Ground is good now I polished it all up, didn't help much. I pulled the starter today. Either going with a new one or get it rebuilt.

/ Slow cranking TD80D #24  
7 days no tractor:(

/ Slow cranking TD80D
7 days no tractor:(
I'm not in hurry. I got other Tractors to feed hay with and do odd jobs. Just need to get the new addition close to 100 percent before hay season.

/ Slow cranking TD80D #26  
Measure battery voltage and starter voltage while cranking. Is the battery too small and dropping voltage ? Use a voltmeter and check for high resistance connections while cranking. How cold is the weather ? A connection may look good but is lousy electrically .

/ Slow cranking TD80D
Measure battery voltage and starter voltage while cranking. Is the battery too small and dropping voltage ? Use a voltmeter and check for high resistance connections while cranking. How cold is the weather ? A connection may look good but is lousy electrically .
I checked the resistance on the cables it was minimal. I've ordered a new starter but, it will be a couple of weeks before I can get back to the tractor. I'll update the thread after I put it in.

/ Slow cranking TD80D #28  
I checked the resistance on the cables it was minimal. I've ordered a new starter but, it will be a couple of weeks before I can get back to the tractor. I'll update the thread after I put it in.

Where did I say anything about measuring resistance with a meter ? I said measure for voltage drop WHILE cranking . . Checking resistance of starter cables and connections with an Ohm meter is a 98% waste of time .

/ Slow cranking TD80D
New starter cured all my ills. Just updating the thread.
Thanks All!
BTW, I said I didn't want to but, I ended up buying a cheap starter off ebay for $107 delivered. It looks good and spins it fast. We'll see how long it lasts.

/ Slow cranking TD80D #30  
:drink: good news:dance1: