TN55 Shift Problem

/ TN55 Shift Problem #1  

Dave TN

Tractor
New Holland TN55
Forgive me if this is a dumb noobie question, but I've searched the threads and can't find a similar problem discussed.
My TN55 suddenly won't go into gear. It's Sycrocommand e-h power-shuttle (8F+8R). With the range lever in either position (A or B) it will either go into Forward/Reverse, but not into a gear (1-4). With A or B, and a gear (1-4) selected, it won't go into F or R. With the range lever in neutral, it will go into F or R AND into a gear, but then the A-B lever won't engage in either range. It seems I can only get two out of three, no matter what I choose.

Hoping that someone here can tell me what's wrong, and steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

/ TN55 Shift Problem #2  
Forgive me if this is a dumb noobie question, but I've searched the threads and can't find a similar problem discussed.
My TN55 suddenly won't go into gear. It's Sycrocommand e-h power-shuttle (8F+8R). With the range lever in either position (A or B) it will either go into Forward/Reverse, but not into a gear (1-4). With A or B, and a gear (1-4) selected, it won't go into F or R. With the range lever in neutral, it will go into F or R AND into a gear, but then the A-B lever won't engage in either range. It seems I can only get two out of three, no matter what I choose.

Hoping that someone here can tell me what's wrong, and steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
If it is a electronic problem you should be getting a error code?

/ TN55 Shift Problem #5  
The shifter linkage could be bent or the shift cable is broken somehow. I've done both of them on my T4.75.

/ TN55 Shift Problem #6  
Any updates on this?

/ TN55 Shift Problem #7  
I am having the same exact problem, what did you do to fix the problem? Thanks

/ TN55 Shift Problem
I am having the same exact problem, what did you do to fix the problem? Thanks

As several have suggested, the clutch needed to be replaced. This isn't a simple problem since you have to disconnect the front half of the tractor from the rear half and pull 'em apart to get to the clutch. That kind of repair is well beyond my capabilities, so off to the dealer's shop it went. The final bill, including a new aftermarket seat, was about $3,200. Still cheaper than a new tractor.

/ TN55 Shift Problem #9  
As several have suggested, the clutch needed to be replaced. This isn't a simple problem since you have to disconnect the front half of the tractor from the rear half and pull 'em apart to get to the clutch. That kind of repair is well beyond my capabilities, so off to the dealer's shop it went. The final bill, including a new aftermarket seat, was about $3,200. Still cheaper than a new tractor.

Thanks for the quick feedback. The 2002 tractor only has 1000 hours, however not sure how the previous 2 owners utilized tractor. Other than this issue, this has been an awesome TN65 with loader.

/ TN55 Shift Problem #10  
If you go around a right hand bend with these tractors too fast, oil in the transmission is forced up the left hand side of the transmission casing, on the inside. The oil saturates the switches that are screwed into the gearbox casing at top left, looking from the rear . They then wont send the signal to the transmission computer . It also can happen if driving along a slope to the left .