TC 25 leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing area

/ TC 25 leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing area #1  

mineallmine2000

Tractor
NEW HOLLAND
hi everyone i have a TC25 thats new to me. ive had it about a week and it leaks oil out the weep hole in the bell housing area. the hole has the end of a cotter pin stuck in it so im assuming its a weep hole. ive checked the engine oil, power steering oil, hydraulic oil in the rear of tractor. all are a little over full but not excessive. where would this oil be coming from? it looks to be hydraulic fluid. the only other symptom is when i push the clutch in the motor sounds different. it has a manual transmission.

thanks

/ TC 25 leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing area #2  
hi everyone i have a TC25 thats new to me. ive had it about a week and it leaks oil out the weep hole in the bell housing area. the hole has the end of a cotter pin stuck in it so im assuming its a weep hole. ive checked the engine oil, power steering oil, hydraulic oil in the rear of tractor. all are a little over full but not excessive. where would this oil be coming from? it looks to be hydraulic fluid. the only other symptom is when i push the clutch in the motor sounds different. it has a manual transmission.

thanks
Coming from a transmission seal or rear main seal. If it's only a few drops now and then it could run like that the rest of your life. Don't know the particular tractor but, I guess it's possible for it to overflow into the bell housing if it were way over full. Every one I've seen has seals on the shafts. Only other source could be a hydraulic slave cylinder in the bell housing.

/ TC 25 leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing area
Coming from a transmission seal or rear main seal. If it's only a few drops now and then it could run like that the rest of your life. Don't know the particular tractor but, I guess it's possible for it to overflow into the bell housing if it were way over full. Every one I've seen has seals on the shafts. Only other source could be a hydraulic slave cylinder in the bell housing.

does it have a hydraulic slave cylinder? i thought it was a mechanical clutch. when i first got it, the tractor would pour oil out now that ive ran it a bit it seams to be getting smaller so maybe it is just an overflow. i will have to keep an eye on the fluids an see what happens.

/ TC 25 leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing area #4  
does it have a hydraulic slave cylinder? i thought it was a mechanical clutch. when i first got it, the tractor would pour oil out now that ive ran it a bit it seams to be getting smaller so maybe it is just an overflow. i will have to keep an eye on the fluids an see what happens.
I have no idea what it has. Not familiar with it. More than likely it's mechanical. A quick look at the parts diagrams would confirm. If it's mechanical that just leaves the transmission and main seal. If it's a drip ignore it for now. If it's a stream you're headed for trouble.

/ TC 25 leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing area #5  
Maybe someone with knowledge of that tractor would know if an overfill of hydraulic oil could make it out the bell housing.

/ TC 25 leaking oil from weep hole in bell housing area #6  

thanks
obviously this is an old thread, and I actually just posted the same question just a few minutes ago about my workmaster 70 with the same issue, my question is, did you ever find out what was going on with your tractor? thanks, Justin