2007 TS110A 4wd will not engage

/ 2007 TS110A 4wd will not engage #1  

slvr98svt

Tractor
2007 NH TS110A, 1984 Ford 3910
Some of you guys might remember the "transmission" issue I had over the summer of 2016 where I would get an error code once every few times I tried to move my tractor. Long story short I paid a dealer many thousands to split my tractor and not find a thing wrong with the transmission. Gave t back to me saying it was fixed and did the exact same thing the next day. Turned out it was the $150 shuttle lever was randomly shorting out!

Anyway, everything was figured out late fall of 2016, I only used my tractor from that point in to feed cows over the winter. So when spring came and I discovered anywhere above 18mph on the road that there was what seemed to be as best as I can explain a random shield being hit rotationally by say a wheel? Not to mention the diff lock light will come on but I could never get it to engage after I got the tractor back.

After being so upset with the dealer and the timeframe from when it was fixed to when I actually used it above a couple mph I never brought it up to them figuring t would fall on deaf ears.

The fact I don't road my tractor very much it wasn't a huge problem for speed wise. Fast forward to yesterday and I had to go about 5 miles away with it. Took the trip(stayed below 18mph due to the noise showing up about 18.2-18.4) move some hay in a field with 4wd. Pulled out of the field flipped the 4wd switch and drove the 5 miles home. But for something happened that I can't explain as I was able to go a full 25 mph without any noise? I did absolutely nothing different than any other day, didn't hear any random(other) noises, bangs, clunks etc.

Today I go to feed the cows, flip the switch 4wd light comes on but no 4wd. Tractor is currently stuck in the pasture as I had to leave for work so I have not had a chance to look into this much.

Tractor has the 16spd trans. Sorry for the long post but thought it might help with some background on the tractor. Runs great and no noise at all roading it home like something is loose or banging around somewhere.

Thanks
Matt

/ 2007 TS110A 4wd will not engage
So, after a little internet searching if the TS110A is the same engagement as the TS110 it seems as though a spring engages 4wd basically full time? Then when not in 4wd the spring is held hydraulically away from the clutch packs?

If this is the case, I am wondering if the spring was the noise that I was hearing (only audible above 18mph roading the tractor) finally gave up and is not not applying pressure to the packs? Is there a way to diagnose this without the dealer!?!

/ 2007 TS110A 4wd will not engage #3  
I'm afraid that you are in for an expensive repair,
unless the coupler for the front driveshaft has stripped I believe that everything else is in the housing bolted to the transmission or internal to the transmission
if you pull the front drive shaft guard off you could examine the front drive shaft.
I'm not sure on the 110 but our T6050 is driven the way you belief yours is, activating the switch turns on the 4wd light and turns off the hydraulic solenoid
to allow the springs to engage the drive splines.
Good Luck

/ 2007 TS110A 4wd will not engage #4  
I'm afraid that you are in for an expensive repair,
unless the coupler for the front driveshaft has stripped I believe that everything else is in the housing bolted to the transmission or internal to the transmission
if you pull the front drive shaft guard off you could examine the front drive shaft.
I'm not sure on the 110 but our T6050 is driven the way you belief yours is, activating the switch turns on the 4wd light and turns off the hydraulic solenoid
to allow the springs to engage the drive splines.
Good Luck
I normaly test my 4x4 by jacking up one front wheel and disengage the 4x4 . Then start the engine and let it idle . Then I rotate that front wheel. Then engage the 4x4 and rotate that front wheel. If front wheel can not rotate its fine !

/ 2007 TS110A 4wd will not engage #5  
I do the same quite often :thumbsup: however it the front coupler spines have stripped it means someone to watch the shaft while the wheels are turned