Hay Bale wagon New Holland 1033

/ Hay Bale wagon New Holland 1033 #41  
Just a quick note ... the panic is off on the QT. I made one up this morning using the various pics I have, and strongly influenced by my current steel "inventory" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Field tested on 150 bales, missed turning two (maybe it was three) so far /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Would appreciate knowing the "official" sizes at some point, but no rush. I made it adjustable for width so that can be tuned. I'll post some pics later.

Back to bale the "front" field, and then it's a balewagonathon to try to get them all picked up before the rain. Lotsa fun /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheers, Andrew

/ Hay Bale wagon New Holland 1033 #42  
Thanks for all the pictures. I don't hay but living here in Franklen County, Vermont I'm surrounded by farmers. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifWhen we get together it's like there talking Greek. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Informative threads like this is one of the reasons I love TBN. Thank you all for your inputs. Now if I could just learn more about cows I'd be right in there. I do have the maple syrup figured out and even have had some good points to ponder. Another 50 years and I'll fit right in.
Take care.

/ Hay Bale wagon New Holland 1033 #43  
Well I beat the rain (finished at 11:30 last night, rain started at 3:30am /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif), and must say that it was *much* easier picking up the bales with the bale wagon ... mostly in the dark using a flashlight as a "headlight". Manoevering around the field of bales in the dark pulling the rig felt a bit being in a minefield (with less dire consequences though). I *think* I got them all picked up.

A pic of my QT chute is attached, the design was strongly influenced by the "inventory" pile.

It only missed on 3-4 of 250+ bales and I think those were mostly cases where the bale being dumped on a corner. The engineer in me is already scheming for a trip flap underneath that I would hold the bale longer and could be tripped "early" if a bale was ready and you were approaching the end of a windrow. It could auto trip most of the time which would flip the bale even cleaner. A few of the bales were a bit "scuffed" at one end, which I *think* was caused by them dragging as they fell off. Don't know for sure because I couldn't really watch it in action. If the truth be told, it's probably a classic case of taking a simple, pragmatic, no moving parts, solution and adding extra "features" that raise the complication orders of magnitude while adding questionable benefit to the end user ... but hey ... that's something we engineers do oh so well! But it would be fun. (How about that for a set up?).

I'm seriously going to have a go and adding the "stack" feature to my wagon, as it was the unloading part that took a while. It wasn't helped by our too small elevator, so most of the hay got added to the stack in one bay of the driveshed (which unfortunately isn't *quite* high enough to stack into (perhaps yet anyway /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)). I'll be looking for pictures to help with the conversion. BTW, I think the newer model wagons had "push off" blocks (is it?) to eliminate the need for the "stack chains". Could someone explain what and how these are/work please. Pictures would be *most* appreciated.

I think this marks the "official" end of the haying season ... 1200 bales "put up" and another 170 on the flat wagon that I might try to sell to get my gas money back. Now to get set for the "steak converters" to "process" it all /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Once more, thanks to everyone for your help.

cheers, Andrew

PS. Alan ... glad to be a "help" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Might be bugging (tapping is it LOL) you about maple syrup. We tapped the four trees out front last year and made some ... want to have it more "together" for next year. Also need to go and see if I can find a few more trees in the back "woods".

Attachments

• 749796-QT Chute.jpg
    749796-QT Chute.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 740
   / Hay Bale wagon New Holland 1033 #45  
Alan, ... found it Maple Trader (minus the final "s" which is a UK outfit selling Canadian Maple Flooring!). Yikes it does look like a site that could be good. Hopefully I can get our wireless internet antenna up today and we can get off dial-up again. Then I'll spend time there.

Thanks, Andrew

/ Hay Bale wagon New Holland 1033

Hi, Andrew & friends,

See my latest frivolity:

Not so New Holland bale wagon & More

It's a Model 1002, got it for almost nothing in buying the Case 8420 (and did a good deal on it, I feel).

And you thought you bought cheeep! More to come, soon as I pick up the wagon and the baler. If I knock off the rust, will definitely weigh less /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif!

Jim

/ Hay Bale wagon New Holland 1033 #47  
Jim,
that's great news. It's funny, I was wondering if you got something just a few days ago! I sure hope that you like yours as much as I do mine. One thing though ... not sure how well it'll pick up those new *round* bales /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

The second reason I like your getting one ... I'll be able to bug you for pictures and info when I come to adding the dump feature to mine /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Won't be till spring at the earliest.

BTW, does your model have the push off rams?

smiley20.gif
, cheers, Andrew

Believe it has the rams, since it is a stacker (no single off load). I'll know more when I get it up here, Andrew.

I found a parts manual for it. Service manual anyone (and for my Case 8420/MF 1734 baler) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif?

J

/ Hay Bale wagon New Holland 1033 #49  
Jim,
the only relevant manual I have is the Operators Manual that covers the Stackliner 1000, 1005, and 1010. Yours looks quite similar to these (differences I spotted are a chain drive for the pickup, and the racks are fitted to the frame instead of the "load rack"). Let me know if you'd like me to copy it for you.

cheers, Andrew

Thanks, Andrew, let me make sure I get my hands on it and I will see what he gives me with it.

J