New Holland 850 baler

/ New Holland 850 baler #1  

JDHornet

Since I don't have a manual and can't see giving too much $$$$$$ for one, I thought I'd pimp you folks for some input. Last summer I bought an 850 New Holland and it has worked well for me. Does anyone know what the purpose of the "valve" block that the hydraulic hoses from the tractor connect to? This is the block that the steel lines connect to that then feed out to the cylinders.

/ New Holland 850 baler #2  
I have a couple of Gehl balers. On the Gehl the block is a connector for the hoses and allows for adjustment of pressure on the hydraulics. It allows you to adjust the amount of pressure the rear door is under to stay closed. I have never paid much attention to the New Holland.
I hope that helps.

/ New Holland 850 baler #3  
Ask Allan in NE on yesterdays tractors in the implement section. He is an 850 guru after completely rebuilding his.

/ New Holland 850 baler
Thanks for the info guys. I'll also check out that other website.

/ New Holland 850 baler #5  
I can answer that. The block is for controlling the pressure applied to the rear door, thus controlling the looseness or tightness of the bail. There should be an adjustment valve and pressure gage attached to the block, at least there is supposed to be one. On out big NH, the pressure is controlled in the cab via the computer but you can look out the back window and view the gage.

/ New Holland 850 baler #6  
That is the line lock valve to keep the tailgate from opening while baling. Bale tension is controled by the springs on the side of the baler.

/ New Holland 850 baler
Thank you all for the information. I finally did come across a used manual on ebay for $10 which a heck of a lot better then the $40+ that I've been seeing for one. I haven't had any problems of the door coming open so the valve is working properly, it just didn't make sense to me what it was for till now. Thanks again folks, I appreciate the help.