Ford 1210 is it right

/ Ford 1210 is it right #1  

dbharness

Is 5 acres ok for a 1210 with 60" belly mower?

86 model, 1000 hous. $3300. Worth it?

/ Ford 1210 is it right #3  
dbharness:

I really liked my Ford 1100 (mowed ~7A's with a RC). If ground clearance is not a problem on your 5 A's with a MMM on the 1210 you should do "ok". At a 1000 hours the engine is starting to break in. Jay

/ Ford 1210 is it right #4  
My Ford 1210 was a nice tractor, it always started even on the coldest morning. I had it from 1984 to 1994 and mowed a 3 acre lawn for that time period. The belly mower was a problem from time to time as it utilized a custom cable lift. The cables often broke but I figured out a way to make my own cables to fix the problem. Take a look at the rollers on the lift to ensure that you will not have the same issues. If it is in good shape this would be a nice tractor for you.

/ Ford 1210 is it right #5  
I had a 1986 1210 w/ 60" Ford MMM for a number of years. The tractor was great. The MMM did a good job, but required some care - the lift chains and brackets would fail due to my rough ground beating them to death. Also, the MMM was belt driven off the front of the crankshaft via an electric PTO clutch. Mine would eat those clutches until the dealer and I realized that I was one of the last people who had not yet converted to the "double bearing stub shaft" arrangement (prior setup was single bearing). If you buy this tractor, check/adjust your clutch gap yearly, at a minimum. FYI - mine was sold for a little over $4000 last year, with 1200 hrs, and in great shape. Also, mowed 2+ acres and also bush hogged 3 acres. None too much power, but enough. Good luck.