Brought the new TC55A home

/ Brought the new TC55A home #1  

lug nut

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC-55 DA
I took off work today to go pick up my new tractor. I got it home about 11 a.m.

The first thing I did was try out the loader a little bit. It will take some time to learn how to operate it to it's fullest potential.

I then hooked up the little bush hog and proceeded to cut a few acres of pasture with it. It was hard to tell that little 5' bush hog was back there. I am thinking I will get at least a 6', but probably a 7'.

I will try to post a pic or 2.

Daniel H.

/ Brought the new TC55A home #2  
I have 18 hours on mine ( delivered on Nov. 10 ) and I am impressed everytime I hit the seat. It has alot more power than the tc 45d, quieter ( no hydro whine ) and I believe it is better on fuel. The wider tires have better flotation in soft areas and the hydraulic pump makes the backhoe operate with ease.
I checked the water temp ( which indicated 165 degrees ) and the dealer is sending a warmer thermostat. A very well engineered unit.

/ Brought the new TC55A home #3  
Congrats on the new 55 .I hope you got a new hat with it . There a good tractor i like mine better than my tc40d i had . Plenty of power to spare .

/ Brought the new TC55A home #4  
I have a 6' rotary mower, and I wish I had something bigger. I haven't bogged the tractor yet, and my mowing speed is only limited by the rough fields. Depending how much you mow, a larger tow style would be great. I love how it just hums along with power to spare, and runs quieter than my old 850.

/ Brought the new TC55A home
Thanks, guys. I did get a hat. Actually, my dad got one too, since we bought the tractor together.:)

I put about 4.5 hrs. on mine yesterday, and I noticed that the temp. guage stayed right around the upper part of the "cold" mark. It was about 90* here when I was using it. Is that about normal for this engine?

I couldn't get the pics to upload last night. I am on dial-up at home. Maybe that is the problem?

/ Brought the new TC55A home #7  
That's where my temp guage run's and other's might key on this as well.

/ Brought the new TC55A home #8  
My DX55 runs about the same place. Maybe just barely past the "cold" shaded area.

/ Brought the new TC55A home #9  
joes_427_vette said:
I have 18 hours on mine ( delivered on Nov. 10 ) and I am impressed everytime I hit the seat.

Only 18 hours since Nov. 10th , Have you disconnected the Hour Meter;) , to keep the hours down ???

18 Hours in 7 months = 2.5 hours per month. Man that is NO seat time at all, how do you manage? A brand New Shiny tractor sitting there not PLAYworkING on it any more than that? ;) ;)

Dan

deerhunterf350 said:
Only 18 hours since Nov. 10th , Have you disconnected the Hour Meter;) , to keep the hours down ???

18 Hours in 7 months = 2.5 hours per month. Man that is NO seat time at all, how do you manage? A brand New Shiny tractor sitting there not PLAYworkING on it any more than that? ;) ;)

Dan

I noticed that too, but I thought maybe it was a typo. I'll probably have 18 hours on mine before this weekend is over.