New Holland Vs Case

/ New Holland Vs Case #1  

Dreamin_Tractors

Silver Member
Tractor
NH T2320 Hydro
I have narrowed my tractor selection down to Hew Holland TC "D" series, most likely the TC35D. Based on another post in the Case forum, I started looking at the Case DX series tractor. It appears to me that they are exactly the same tractor. The specs are the same, and from the pictures I have seen it would appear that part for part it is the same tractor.

Does anyone know what the arrangement between New Holland and Case is? Are there any differences between these two models? From estimates I have received so far, the Case DX is more expensive by $1,000 to $2,000 dollars.

To mimic most of the other new members, this site is outstanding, and the members have great insights. I have learned a lot viewing and reading over the last several months. THANKS!

/ New Holland Vs Case #2  
It is the new company called Case New Holland or CNH. Fiat/New Holland bought Case over a year ago and the boomers were the first common platform tractor between the two companies. Same tractor except New Hollands version is the only one with supersteer. There are a few other minor brand specific options but I do not know what they are. Later

/ New Holland Vs Case #3  
As above, essentially the same products with minimal differences from two divisions of Fiat. The <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.caseih.com/products/series.asp?Reg=NA&RL=ENNA&id=8&mod=true>Case D and DX tractors</A> do not come with the supersteer option.

/ New Holland Vs Case
Thanks Robert & Chris! Since I am not interested in Supersteer, and do not really care about the color, I will see which dealer can offer the best deal. Both dealers have very good reputations and are within 10 miles of each other and myself.

/ New Holland Vs Case #5  
Dreamin' - You are correct that there is little or no difference from the Case to the NH. I looked at both in the 35 hp models, non-deluxe. I liked both tractors equally well, maybe a little biased to the blue, but not enough to sway me. I ended up getting the NH because it was about 1k$ less expensive and the Case dealer was pushing the Bush Hog loader, which seemed like a good unit, but I prefered the factory loader which the NH dealer had.

I feel that as far as the tractors themselves, you can't go wrong with either one. So it probably comes down to the deal you get and/or which dealer you would like to build a long-term relationship with. Hope that helps!

/ New Holland Vs Case #6  
When I was looking, the Case dealer, who is about the same distance from me as the NH dealer, was not interested in getting the DX or Deluxe model. That was what I wanted. Also, his prices were a little higher than NH. The NH dealer I bought from seemed much more knowledgable and was more interested in what I wanted instead of what he had on the lot. Needless to say, I own blue.

poman

/ New Holland Vs Case #7  
New Holland or Ford dealers have always had compact tractors to sell. This makes them much more in tune to what the public wants for compacts as it is a big part of the blue business. The compact tractor business for the red guys has been on again off again so they have alway relied on some other brand of compact or not sold them at all. I think this makes them a little less eager to get into the compact market. Just my opinion any ways.

/ New Holland Vs Case
Thanks for the additional insights. The New Holland dealer certainly seemed to be talking from knowledge and experience about his tractors, where the Case dealer seemed to be learning about their new line of compacts. I still wonder why Case isn't at least matching New Holland's price, considering it's the same tractor.