Need imput on TC26d

/ Need imput on TC26d #1  

ChuckinNH

Elite Member, R.I.P.
Tractor
(B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm
I don't see much here on the smaller TC's, and I'm not very familiar with them. A local dealer just got in a bunch of these TC26 hydro tractors, and I'm wondering what the experience out there has been with these? They look a little high for their width, has stability been an issue? The numbers look pretty good, have they held up well in use?
Thanks,
Chuck

/ Need imput on TC26d #2  
Chuck , your get off course....:D
Your suppose to be in the green forum....:)

/ Need imput on TC26d #3  
I've got the predecesor to the 26. I have a TC24D. Had it a little over 4 years. I'm getting close to 800 hours on mine. A couple of minor problems with it that were taken care of under warranty (cruise control, seat mount crack). As far as stability, I've never had mine try to tip on me, but my pucker factor kicks in before. I've loaded my rears with Windshield washer fluid. That helped me feel better, but never had any problems before either except when using the loader w/o anything on the back. I've not dished the wheels out because I don't think it would gain that much and I don't want to lose what overhang I have with the MMM. It has been a good little tractor even though I've ask way more of it than I should.

I use a 5' scaper blade, 5' MMM, 5' boxblade, and 5' tiller with it. Also use a 4' rotary cutter, though I wish it was 5' as well. Sometimes I wish I would've bought bigger, but then most of the time it is the perfect sized tractor for me.

/ Need imput on TC26d #4  
Chris2520 said:
Chuck , your get off course....:D
Your suppose to be in the green forum....:)

His user ID is Chuck in New Holland isn't it?:D

/ Need imput on TC26d #5  
I also have a 4 yr old TC24d. I have the BH, rear blade, and box blade. Rear tires are loaded. I've only got about 500 hours on it. Other than a bolt on the loader that keeps backing out, and a safety switch or two it hasn't missed a heartbeat. Very good tractor.

/ Need imput on TC26d #6  
ChuckinNH:

All the CUT's I've sat on seem a little "tippy". They all seem to ride a little high for their footprint, but it is a perceptual thing. I do not like approaching/exceeding 15 degrees of tilt due to the pucker factor :eek:! Any tractor can roll in the 10 to 15 degree range of tilt in certain situations. Weighting the tires increases stability. Jay

/ Need imput on TC26d
Thanks for the input! I'll have to drive one sometime. I started driving small farm tractors (Farmall H, Allis Chalmers C, JD M, etc.) nearly 50 years ago in hilly NH so I am not a complete stranger to the pucker factor. I guess the seat on the TC26 felt as high, or higher than the seat on a Kubota B7800, but the width, and length are lesser, so that prompted the question.

/ Need imput on TC26d #8  
ChuckinNH:

The B7800 "specs out" very closely with the TC29DA (for what the "specs" are worth). To me the deciding factor was the ergonomics of the TC. The TC felt better (except the cost :(). TC seats do seem high. I believe the seat suspension system contributes to that feeling of height. I remember the first time I took my tractor in my lower field. It was a little disconcerting at first because my rear end (proprioceptors) was/were not transmitting direct "known" field feelings to my brain :eek:. Jay

/ Need imput on TC26d #10  
Chuck,
I suspect i may have been looking at the same shipment. Have you priced one with a FEL yet?