TC40 price-opinions?

/ TC40 price-opinions? #1  

arazor

Hey, I've been reading your posts for over a month now and have been educated on the finer points of Boomer-mania. I want to thank you all for your honest opinions which have helped me become a more informed owner. I currently have a 1963 ford 2000, 4cyl gas, no power sterring and no FEL. I have had it for 5 years with not a lick of problems but I needed (and wanted) to upgrade so I researched and made a deal for a new TC40 (not a "D")
FWD
R4 filled tires
deluxe 3 pt
folding ROPS
L16a FEL HD bucket & bolt on teeth
folding grill guard
tool box with dual cup holders
2 rear sets of aux remotes
delivered
$19,466.00
Seems fairly good to me-Your opinions?? I don't sign the papers until delivery day which will be tues or wed.
Thanx

/ TC40 price-opinions? #2  
Before I went with a "D" I had gotten prices on the standard, and your prices seem to be a little better than mine.

/ TC40 price-opinions? #3  
I purchased a TC40D about four weeks ago. Here's the specs: TC40D, 16LA, HD bucket, R4 tires, 2 remotes, and grill guard for $21,250. This was in California. If I were you, I would part with the extra money for hydro, better headlights, rotating seat, temp guage, etc.,.

/ TC40 price-opinions? #4  
I agree with JohnInCA, I did own a TC29 shift before the TC40D and the "D" has a lot of creature comforts besides the hydro that I have to say you don't really need, but like indoor plumbing it sure is nice.If you are going to finance this tractor see what the payment difference would be, it may suprise you.

/ TC40 price-opinions? #5  
arazor,
You might want to think about a D. Better seat, already has the deluxe 3pt. loader controls (i think) better dash and best of all hydro. I bought one in Jan. with supersteer, 17a loader, grill guard, 3 sets of wheel weights, arm rest, hd bucket with quick-tach, block heater for $21,400. I also bought some pallet forks (quick-tach) and use them almost as much as my bucket. It takes about 2 minutes to switch from one to the other. I would recommend getting the quick tach for your bucket if you ever think you may want a set of forks or something else.
Nick

/ TC40 price-opinions? #6  
$19,466 sounds like a fair deal to me for the tractor quoted. My local New Holland dealer quoted me $21,000 for a 35D.
I would like to think that he will do much better when the time comes to actually sit down and talk money. His quote for a 40D was $22,600

/ TC40 price-opinions? #7  
I'm shopping for a TC40D and was quoted $19,768 for the TC40D, FEL, R4's and HD bucket plus $275 freight. My local dealer was $2,000 more plus sales tax! I thought I wanted another JD until I priced a 4600.
John in SC

/ TC40 price-opinions? #8  
Hey Nick, I never asked you but are your forks the forged kind or the tubing. For $500 I am assuming that they are the tubing kind. By the way, my video card fried my motherboard on my main computer so I have been away for awhile. I had to get the laptop out of my work van just to get connected to the internet. I plan on calling you when things get back to normal around here to chat about our NH's and such.

Spence

/ TC40 price-opinions? #9  
Spencer,
I don't know if they are forged, they seem thicker than "regular" forks, they are not tubing and they still easily fit in the pallet slot. I've used them to move "parking lot curbs" and they don't bend or flex, they are rated for 2500#. So I don't know /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif.
Nick