TD75D want to know good or bad.

/ TD75D want to know good or bad. #1  

fairlane

Tractor
New Holland TD75D
I am new to site and would like input. I have been looking at new tractors. the model that seems to fit my needs and wants is a TDD75D, Now called a TDD80D. It has 4 wheel drive, cab, loader, a/c heat and radio. it is new hollands budget cab tractor. Not a lot of extras, But everything I need and more than I have ever had on a tractor before. This tractor is new but last years model I dont think anything changed from TDD75 to 80. does anybody have experience with this model or know anything good or bad. I have been diesel mechanic for 20 years and specs and tractor seem to be just what I am looking for but you never know till someone else shares there experience and or likes and dislikes while using or even hearing about problems.

/ TD75D want to know good or bad. #2  
The TDD line is the same as the JX line from Case-IH. The JX tractors have been around for a few more years then the TDD and the owners of these tractors seem to be happy. The large farms buy them for utility tractors to run augers and do small chores.

One thing I like about the TDD line is how solid the tractor feels. It doesn't use a lot of plastic like the high end tractors (which is funny since plastic is supposed to be cheaper to make then metal:rolleyes: ) The only thing I didn't like about the cab model is the rear work lights look like something that can get ripped off if you have a low branch. I don't know if CNH intentionally designed them that way or if it was an afterthought to put rear work lights on the cab but either way they don't look great.

I would and hopefully will buy one some day but it is on the back of my priority list.

/ TD75D want to know good or bad. #3  
Robert in NY:

The ROPS mounted hazard lights on the TCDA models are described as "breakaway". They are :eek:; but they also remount well :). Jay

/ TD75D want to know good or bad. #4  
The lights I am talking about are mounted on the upper rear of the cab and shouldn't be breakaway as they do not stick out to the side but appear to stick up above the cab roof some. Why it sticks out and up like that baffles me unless it really was an afterthough.

/ TD75D want to know good or bad.
I appreciate replies and I also thought lights on rear looked like something that was almost forgotten. I was wondering if anyone had heard of any mechanical troubles. Lots of tractors around these parts both small and large but no one with TD series. mostly TN-TL- older TW and 10 series. It looked like engine in TD was an Iveco but I could be wrong if so they were pretty good engines. I have looked at lot of tractors even smaller brands Montana- Kioti- etc but still a little gun shy not to mention for same horsepower they are usually priced just about as high. probally only one to compare to TD is Kubota 7040M. But it is much lighter and since I am going to plow with it i think TD is more suited. any input or ideas appreciated.

/ TD75D want to know good or bad. #6  
Iveco is part of New Holland

/ TD75D want to know good or bad. #7  
Does anyone have any input on the "offset" rear axle?

/ TD75D want to know good or bad. #8  
What do you mean by "offset"?

/ TD75D want to know good or bad. #9  
Robert_in_NY said:
What do you mean by "offset"?
I believe CNH calls them external planetary drive. It's the same rear axle that Fiat used for years on the Hesston series tractors, (80 or 90 series?). These tractors are basically the Hesston rear axles with the newer Iveco engines and updated transmissions bolted to them. The TT series uses the older transmissions as well as rear axles, I believe from the 66 series.

/ TD75D want to know good or bad. #10  
I was wondering if he meant the external planetary drive. I wouldn't call that an offset axle. When I think of an offset axle I think of the Ford 1710 Offset or the Offset Cubs used for cultivating row crops.

I have not heard of any issues with the axle setup on the TDD or JX series tractors.