Price Check TC-18 Pricing & suitability

/ TC-18 Pricing & suitability
Double posting!

I'm pickled tink! Just talked to the owner and it's got power steering and the hydrostatic tranny. Going to see it tonight!

Also, talked with dealer, the bagger thing is $1800 (yikes!) but at least it's available.

The saga continues. Thanks again for all the advice!

Later,

Tom

/ TC-18 Pricing & suitability #22  
Keep us posted!

we want the details too!

soundguy

AAAUUUUUUGH! I thought she was "on board" with it!

I go home last night, tell her I'm going to go give the tractor a good going over, and she pulls the rug out from under me! We've been over and over and over this...

The only positive thing I can say about her stubborness is that it really makes me think through the justifications for the purchase. What I don't like is when you have every good reason, and she, who can give no reason other than "it costs too much" and "we don't need it" (After me detailing all the reasons whey we do), and "it might be a lemon" (I'm a mechanical engineer who at least knows which end of a wrench to grab), and she's scuttling the thing.

But I'm going back and re-examining even myself - you know that "Tim Allen" factor we all have... dang! I want the freakin' tractor!

I mean, gee whiz... I detailed our finances to her, how we can still do the kitchen, I'm not scuttling any much needed home imporovements to do this...

Commmiserate, poke fun, give me some sage advice, enjoy my post! I bet none of you have ever been in this situation! ;)

Maybe I need to review.

For $9K I get:
  • 1999 NH TC18 - Hydrostatic Transmission, power steering, 4WD, 580 hours (yes, 580), tire chains, wheel weights.
  • NH 7160 Front End Loader
  • NH 914A 60 inch, right hand discharge belly mower
  • Another brand of swivelling, tilting back blade
  • A small tine harrow (oh - it's a "landscape rake")
  • A lawn roller
  • A titled and licenced trailer (open) that can carry the whole lot
The seller also sold his home to my son. The tractor looks to be meticuloulsy maintained, as was his home. The seller is well known to my son's best friend's family, they took turns building each other's homes.

If a mechanic were to sign off on it, what would you say? Deal or no deal?

(Problem is, when you get into a battle like this with your spouse, you have to ask yourself (1) when you're just trying to "win" because you're insulted & don't like to lose, and (2) even if you "win" do you lose more in other ways...)

I'll go sulk some more now...:rolleyes:

Tom

Last edited:
Well, my b'loved and I have had our discussion. I go for full evaluation tomorrow evening. Back to tickled pink again, and hoping the machine is in as good order as it appeared on the first quick look.

Hopefully the next post is with pics!

/ TC-18 Pricing & suitability #26  
Still sounding like 'deal' to me.

soundguy

Thanks, Soundguy, I don't do thigs like this without some serious trepidation! Like I said, I've never even had a riding mower before!

/ TC-18 Pricing & suitability #29  
I think you'll be surprised at all the uses you'll find for this tractor. Have fun!

Yeah, like digging a cave for meself to live in after b'loved wifey gets good'n'mad about it! (She tends to come back to things I though we'd settled sometimes!!!) :D Pics Monday...