Price Check TC29D Bargain Price??

/ TC29D Bargain Price?? #1  

Mrwurm

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower
Ok, some of you may have been following my pricing of NH TC30's. TC30 4X4 hydro, loader, R4 tires, HD bucket). I got prices in december around $15,400 to $15,900. While talking to a dealer today about the TC30 he told me he has a TC29D that has been sitting on his lot since last september. He sells mostly TC33D's and would like to move this machine. He offered it to me for $16,500 (loader, R4's, HD bucket). Seems like a pretty good deal on a full-featued deluxe machine......Hmmmmm, now I have something else to think about.

Now that I have sold my old tractor, I am eager to ink a deal. (got $5,000 for JD650 4X4)

Any thoughts?

Jerry

/ TC29D Bargain Price?? #2  
Jerry,

What is the pto hp for the TC29D? It must be equal to, or a little less than the TC30, right? So you're getting everything the same on both tractors for about $1,000 more?? It seems to me that the only thing you might be getting with the TC29D is no vibration at the lower engine speeds, and the "sports car" look of the 29D. Is that worth $1,000?

Unless there's something rather dramitic that I'm missing, I'd save the $1,000. But then again, it's easy for me to say, since I'm not the one having to make the decision! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ TC29D Bargain Price??
Garry, 24 pto hp on the TC30, 23.6 pto hp on the TC29D. In reference to your inquiry about the differences...The TC29D has improved creature comforts: seat, controls, tilt wheel, loader control near hip (no reaching). It has same the same hydraulic psi as the TC30 but at much higher flow rates for implements and steering. It weighs about 400lbs more. TC29D has folding rops, telescopic 3pt arms, four headlights.

The TC30 does not have cruise control, folding rops, or a swinging drawbar. These are all items that I want and I can add them to the TC30 at additional cost. So, the point may be that the TC29D may actually be cheaper than buying the TC30.

Ok Garry, now you've done it. I'm talking myself ito the TC29D!!

Jerry

/ TC29D Bargain Price?? #4  
I think I would go for the 29D. All of the creature comforts are nice while you own, plus I would guess the 29D would have a higher resale value down the road.

Either way, a fine choice. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Good luck!

--Brad

/ TC29D Bargain Price?? #5  
<font color=blue>"Ok Garry, now you've done it. I'm talking myself ito the TC29D!!'</font color=blue>

Drat /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif! I was hoping I could convince you to go with the TC30 so that I could get the TC29D for all the reasons you stated!/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

I wish that was true! Anyway, after seeing all the advantages you mentioned for the 29, I think I'd talk myself into it too! And it is a way cooler looking machine! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ TC29D Bargain Price?? #6  
dont' forget the deluxe 3 point hitch on the Tc29D great option not standard on the TC30.

/ TC29D Bargain Price??
Spencer200, does the price sound right for 'aged' stock?

/ TC29D Bargain Price?? #8  
Dealers base cost is 16095.00 plus freight to his location. There is a $775.00 settlement allowance bringing cost down to $15320.00. average freight on class 2 is 368.00 for a cost of around $15688.00.
He has to deliver and prep the machine so I would say his price is very fair. He is trying to make less than $1000.00. I would have him include one of the 3- calcium in the tires, wheel weights, or rear weight box in this price since he wants to move this tractor. This would give you all the nice Boomer features and not much difference in performance.

/ TC29D Bargain Price?? #9  
Your Price of $16,500 is right down there with the best I've seen for a TC 29D.

Most of the prices I've seen did not account for the recently announced dealer incentives from NH. I don't remember how much they were, but there's a thread here somewhere with some info. Not sure if the incentives would apply to one that's already been on his lot for that long, but it should definitely bring down some of the new quoted prices people are seeing.

John

/ TC29D Bargain Price?? #10  
John, any chance of emailing a copy of the brochure with the 1920 in it? It seems strange that info in the sales brochure is not available in the tractor manuals. The dealer didn't have any when I inquired. Thanks for any help.

Bill C