Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Veteran Member dgl24087's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,401
    Location
    Va/WV
    Tractor
    1975 John Deere 1530

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    1,076
    Location
    Cooke County, Texas
    Tractor
    JD4320 with TNT, electric diverter, cruise control and air suspension seat.

    Default Re: T4000 series info

    Thanks for posting the link.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member EquipmentJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    534
    Location
    SE PA
    Tractor
    Ford 1520

    Default Re: T4000 series info

    Thank you. Good info here.
    If it has wheels and an engine, you have my attention.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member mark.r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    927
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE

    Default Re: T4000 series info

    Thanks for posting, excellent info. I had heard that similar models to the T6000's were coming out. One question, what would be the deciding factor between say a 4050 Deluxe and 5050 Deluxe if I was purchasing the unit to bale square and round bales, brush hogging, and general use around the horse farm.
    DK45HST w/401 Loader
    On The Farm: Updated 5/19/2008

  5. #5
    Veteran Member dgl24087's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,401
    Location
    Va/WV
    Tractor
    1975 John Deere 1530

    Default Re: T4000 series info

    The 5000 series is the comparable to the TL series. It is a larger framed, heavier tractor than the 4000 series, which compares to the TN series. Specifically, the TL100 is comparable to the 5050, and the TN95 is comparable to the 4050. The 5050 has a flat deck operator's platform, the 4050 is a straddle mount, giving it a slightly lower profile. If you can find a dealer with both models in the TL and TN series, a side to side comparison could be made. The new series of these tractors won't be out for a while, I'm hearing late Summer, more likely Fall.

  6. #6
    Platinum Member mark.r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    927
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE

    Default Re: T4000 series info

    Quote Originally Posted by dgl24087
    The 5000 series is the comparable to the TL series. It is a larger framed, heavier tractor than the 4000 series, which compares to the TN series. Specifically, the TL100 is comparable to the 5050, and the TN95 is comparable to the 4050. The 5050 has a flat deck operator's platform, the 4050 is a straddle mount, giving it a slightly lower profile. If you can find a dealer with both models in the TL and TN series, a side to side comparison could be made. The new series of these tractors won't be out for a while, I'm hearing late Summer, more likely Fall.
    Thanks for that information. I do have local dealer that when they are out will probably have at least one of each of the series even if it's a diffrent model number within series. What you just referenced refers specifically to the dimensions of the two series, which for hauling on say a goose neck, the 4050 has the advantage. However, based on performance is there one reason one would go with one over the next? Essentially, I am asking my same question but using performance as the measuring stick. I.E. 4050 vs. 5050
    DK45HST w/401 Loader
    On The Farm: Updated 5/19/2008

  7. #7
    Veteran Member dgl24087's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,401
    Location
    Va/WV
    Tractor
    1975 John Deere 1530

    Default Re: T4000 series info

    I need to correct myself, the TL90 is the comparable tractor to the 5050, not the TL100.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member dgl24087's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,401
    Location
    Va/WV
    Tractor
    1975 John Deere 1530

    Default Re: T4000 series info

    Quote Originally Posted by mark.r
    Thanks for that information. I do have local dealer that when they are out will probably have at least one of each of the series even if it's a diffrent model number within series. What you just referenced refers specifically to the dimensions of the two series, which for hauling on say a goose neck, the 4050 has the advantage. However, based on performance is there one reason one would go with one over the next? Essentially, I am asking my same question but using performance as the measuring stick. I.E. 4050 vs. 5050
    Performance stats that jump out at me for the 5050 over the 4050 are 10 gal higher fuel capacity with the 5050, 12 in. cerametallic clutch vs. 11 in., approximately 1000 lbs. greater base weight, much heavier axles, 3 pt. lift capacity 5745 lbs. vs. 3962 lbs., implement pump flow is equal, 10.4 gpm vs. 9.4 gpm steering pump flow, FWD engagement electrohydraulic vs. mechanical. Dimensions: Wheelbase 6 in. longer, 22 in. longer overall, 17 in. taller overall height. If considering a loader, the 5050 offers 750 lbs. more loader capacity with the 830TL loader over the 820TL of the 4050 (3400 lbs. vs 2650 lbs).
    Last edited by dgl24087; 02-10-2008 at 11:54 PM.

  9. #9
    Platinum Member mark.r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    927
    Location
    Leesburg, VA
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE

    Default Re: T4000 series info

    Quote Originally Posted by dgl24087
    Performance stats that jump out at me for the 5050 over the 4050 are 10 gal higher fuel capacity with the 5050, 12 in. cerametallic clutch vs. 11 in., approximately 1000 lbs. greater base weight, much heavier axles, 3 pt. lift capacity 5745 lbs. vs. 3962 lbs., implement pump flow is equal, 10.4 gpm vs. 9.4 gpm steering pump flow, FWD engagement electrohydraulic vs. mechanical. Dimensions: Wheelbase 6 in. longer, 22 in. longer overall, 17 in. taller overall height. If considering a loader, the 5050 offers 750 lbs. loader capacity with the 830TL loader over the 820TL of the 4050 (3400 lbs. vs 2650 lbs).
    I actually pulled up both PDFs on two different computers to compare side by side and of course see the same. I was curious to see what experienced buyers thoughts were. For my needs the 4050 would certainly do the job and have a surplus of performance, bells and whistles. We would primarily be using it as haying machine with light discing for replanting of grasses and batwing brushogging from time to time. Sure a 5050 would be nice but with a loader I want to keep the weight down as much as possible for that size tractor for trailing concerns.
    DK45HST w/401 Loader
    On The Farm: Updated 5/19/2008

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.