1964 Ford 2000, what do you think

/ 1964 Ford 2000, what do you think #2  
The tractor looks like it is in great shape. If the hour meter is correct then I feel it would be a great buy for $5500 (you most likely will dicker him down some anyway). That size tractor with a 3pt and power steering are in high demand now. The 2000's and Massey Ferguson 135's are both raising in price. And when people price a new compact they usually run for these older tractors in good condition.

Best of luck. I wish that tractor was closer as it would be a great raking tractor to replace the Ford 640 and not hurt the wallet too much.

/ 1964 Ford 2000, what do you think #3  
   / 1964 Ford 2000, what do you think #4  
flusher said:
I like these old Ford gassers, but not for $5500. It's way overpriced. It looks pretty average. I'd say $4000 tops.

The paint is faded which is the only real knock I can see against this tractor. The tractor shows 1347 hours which is real low for this tractor assuming the hourmeter still works. The tractor doesn't show signs of abuse or damage and except for the faded paint it looks great for a 40+ year old tractor. I would almost believe this tractor lived its entire life hooked to a rotary cutter maintaining a small field.

I know prices vary by area but around here my Ford 640 is worth $3500 and it is rough, has higher hours and lacks power steering. A fresh coat of paint on that tractor is all it would really take to make it ready for a show. Even the engine bay doesn't have any oil or heavy dirt and grease all over it.

/ 1964 Ford 2000, what do you think #5  
   / 1964 Ford 2000, what do you think #6  
I think that tractor is overpriced also, especially in this area. It's a clean old tractor, but the operative word is "old." You do know that $5500 is about 2-1/2 times as much as that tractor sold for originally don't you? I just think you can find a much newer diesel tractor for that amount of money.

/ 1964 Ford 2000, what do you think #7  
jinman said:
I think that tractor is overpriced also, especially in this area. It's a clean old tractor, but the operative word is "old." You do know that $5500 is about 2-1/2 times as much as that tractor sold for originally don't you? I just think you can find a much newer diesel tractor for that amount of money.

You should be able to get live PTO and Power Steering for $5500 this one has neither.
Additionally, there were very, very few 3 cylinder 2000's actually built in 1964. Without a unit code on this tractor, it's anyones guess how old it actually is. The pictured combination of late style grille shell and canister style engine oil filter was only used from 4/1/68 through 10/31/69; assuming the engine and grille shell are original to the tractor. If it is actually a bona fide 68/69 production 2000 it kinda makes one wonder why a New Holland dealer (the seller) can't identify it as such. I suppose they weren't a Ford dealer back in the day...............

Last edited:
   / 1964 Ford 2000, what do you think
RickB,

Thanks for the information. that is what I need to know. I had an old 8N and got rid of it for just that reason, no PS or live PTO. Thanks again.

/ 1964 Ford 2000, what do you think #9  
I agree with rick.. the number's stamped on the bellhousing will ID this tractor.. down to the production shift of the day built.

While it looks like a solid machine.. I feel it is overpriced. I't 'stepped up' brother, the 3000 goes in the 3500-5500 price range.. and 5500$ is the range where you see 4000's and 5000's I paid just a bit more than the asking price onthis machine for my 1975 5000.

I think that's be a great machine in the 3500-4000$ range.

I paid 3400$ for a ford 660 ( with loader ).. 10ys older.. but live pto. .. same hp range... and 3500$ for a ford 850.. no live pto.. but about 10 more pto hp.. etc

Soundguy

/ 1964 Ford 2000, what do you think #10  
There is a Ford 2000 gasser listed in last June's heavy equipment trader. Asking $3500. Don't know the year and no attachments.

mark