TC18 for $6,000

/ TC18 for $6,000 #1  

kyalpacas

Tractor
JD 3320
My father is looking at buying a 2002 New Holland TC18, with a 48" Woods Rear Mount Finish Mower and a 56" Land Pride Blade. Is this a good deal? He only has 2 acres so basically be used for mowing and smoothing out some rough spots.

/ TC18 for $6,000 #2  
Sounds good if it is not beat up.

I looked at one a while back with no implements and it was more than that. If the implements are in good condition you are basically getting the tractor for 5500$ etc..

great small estate tractor..

soundguy

/ TC18 for $6,000 #3  
kyalpacas said:
My father is looking at buying a 2002 New Holland TC18, with a 48" Woods Rear Mount Finish Mower and a 56" Land Pride Blade. Is this a good deal? He only has 2 acres so basically be used for mowing and smoothing out some rough spots.

It will look like a toy beside your JD3320, but it will likely be the only mower tractor your father will ever need for two acres. If this is the price from an individual, I'd say it is a mighty good deal. If it is from a dealer, it almost sounds too cheap. It would make me very cautious. Even so, as Soundguy said, if it looks good, I'd recommend buying it.

/ TC18 for $6,000 #4  
Have a look at what I just paid $9000 for! Go everything listed in my siggie for that. Discussion in a thread nearby here. Pics are on thread. Tractor was immaculate, 578 Hrs. on the meter, 4WD hydro w/ pwr steering. I love it. Hope to manage just under 6 acres with it.

/ TC18 for $6,000 #5  
If its 4x4 and Hydro its a good deal. If its 2wd and gear drive, you can do better. I had to practically GIVE away my TC18 2wd, Gear with 210 hours for $3500. I tried to get more, but that's the best I could do with it on the market for 3 months. It was in good shape, but everyone wanted a 4x4 or a hydro.

That said, the Tc18 will be plenty of mowing tractor. Mine easily handled a 5' RFM.
Tim

/ TC18 for $6,000 #6  
TimC said:
If its 4x4 and Hydro its a good deal. If its 2wd and gear drive, you can do better. I had to practically GIVE away my TC18 2wd, Gear with 210 hours for $3500. I tried to get more, but that's the best I could do with it on the market for 3 months. It was in good shape, but everyone wanted a 4x4 or a hydro.

That said, the Tc18 will be plenty of mowing tractor. Mine easily handled a 5' RFM.
Tim

Dang... I'd buy em all day long and double my money in half an hour down here for those prices!

soundguy

/ TC18 for $6,000 #7  
kubotafan said:
You paid way too much if the disgusting wife really came with it. Free would have been too much!!!

Disgusted, not disgusting! :p :)

I already had her! She didn't get disgusted until I bought the tractor! Naw, she's a really good wife, works hard, she's raised five kids and is very good with money - she actually makes money, and I mean hundreds, sometime a thousand or two every year, off of our credit cards - all with not a dime paid in finance charges! So you can imagine how she felt if she didn't see the value in this purchase.

But she will!