Buying Advice Buying advice: TC24D

/ Buying advice: TC24D #1  

appleton

Hello all - first time poster. I've been in the market for a compact w/ FEL for awhile now. I just stumbled across a 2003 TC24D w/ 12LA, 60" belly mower, box scraper, hydro, etc. less than 400hrs, but the catch is they ran it out of oil and the engine is now shot.

I've got source for free labor, but still have to pony up for a short or long block from NH. i've quoted a few dealers and they're asking anywhere from $4-8, depending on short/long.

The owner is looking for $5500 for the package. Is this reasonable? Is it a project worth undertaking?

/ Buying advice: TC24D #2  
I had a TC24DA, a 2003 0r maybe 04. I sold it for 11,750. It had about 300 hrs on it. I think you could buy one that is in good working condition for the amount of money it is going to take to fix the broke one you are looking at. There is also the time and effort you are going to have into fixing the broke one. $5500 for somthing that does not run is too much for me!

Brian

/ Buying advice: TC24D #3  
Less than 400 hours and it ran out of oil?

Something is wrong with that statement. IMO it either has a major oil leak and was ignored or it was seriously abused. Maybe even overheated?

Also, if it doesn't run, you won't be able to check the transmission, hydraulics, etc. Best to pass on this one unless you could locate a good used engine