Tractor
New Holland TC-40
In (very) general terms, what would you think the following would be worth:

Ford 1920 MFWD ( I don't know the year)
680 hours
Clean, Clean, Clean!
Good Tires
Ford Loader

I was looking in US farmer and one dealer in IND had a similar tractor, but without the loader for $10,000. I was just curious what the community here thought something like this should/would go for.

Also, what is the reputation for a tractor like this. It sure did start and operate smooth, but hey, it only had 680 hours! Thanks for any input you all may have.

Jim

/ Ford 1920 #2  
With the loader you will be looking at the $12-$14k range. I had my dealer appraise my neighbors 1920 that is identical to the one you described but no loader and he figured it at $11k for a 96' model. They are extremly nice and reliable tractors and you would be happy with it. Take care.

/ Ford 1920 #3  
I think they are great little tractors. Reliability is superb. I think that is a good buy.

/ Ford 1920 #4  
buckeye, I just paid $17000 for a 2000 NH 1920 w/ 7308 FEL, 758C BH, and turf tires. Tractor had 72 hours and was in like new condition. Hope this helps.

Bill C

/ Ford 1920 #5  
Hey Buckeye. Like Billfires, I recently (Oct. 01) picked up a 1920, 4x4, FEL, 757C Backhoe, R1 AG's, 192 Hours for $17K. The tractor has been able to handle whatever I've thrown at it (2000 Ft. of trench, 5' Brush Hog, 2 Gang Disc, 5' Box Blade). Best of luck to you.

Todd in Placerville

/ Ford 1920
Well, I appreciate all of your input. It looks like I wasn't the only one interested in that 1920 on Saturday. Apparently it was already sold that morning when I started looking it over. I just wish the salesman had known before! As for price they got $16,500 out of it, probably a little more than I wanted to spend at this time.

Regardless, I do appreciate your input on the 1920! Its is good to hear what you all know and it looks like a tractor I'll keep my eyes out for in the future. You all have a good day!

Jim