Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #11  
DCJL said:
Thanks for all the info. Going with the 930 (758 equiv) with the 16" bucket.
A couple more questions.

Does the bucket come with teeth?

Do you guys see any need for a thumb if I have a Millonzi 48" grapple on the front?

Yes the bucket comes with the teeth on wvery backhoe that I have ever bought. I had a 758 for about 15 years on a 2120 (same size as TC55) and it worked great. I do think it is a little large for your considerably smaller machine. I would be careful pulling hard off to the side. I could move a 2120 around a lot with the 758.

Andy

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA
You just gotta add to the confusion ;-)

Tough choice. Too little or too big? They should just list one or the other for that tractor and be done with it. If you could move around a TC55 it must be a pretty strong hoe. Still a bunch of the guys say it is fine. Dang. Confused again!!!

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #13  
DCJL said:
You just gotta add to the confusion ;-)

Tough choice. Too little or too big? They should just list one or the other for that tractor and be done with it. If you could move around a TC55 it must be a pretty strong hoe. Still a bunch of the guys say it is fine. Dang. Confused again!!!

New Holland says it's fine --warranty wise--check your TC34DA manual.
The TC34DA has a beefed up frame diff from past (new model) It has the TC35DA engine in a smaller frame.

It all about convenience as far as the thumb, it wouldn't hurt to try to include it in the deal.

Don't kick yourself later buy the 758--there's no safety issues.
I wish I did --am kicking myself right now..

Thanks for the reply. You have one of the most compelling reasons for going with the 758, first hand experience with the 757/TC34DA.

What kind of thumb are you thinking? A manual or a hydraulic? Any idea of he cost?

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #15  
DCJL said:
Thanks for the reply. You have one of the most compelling reasons for going with the 758, first hand experience with the 757/TC34DA.

What kind of thumb are you thinking? A manual or a hydraulic? Any idea of he cost?

I was thinking hydraulic since you're used to having a grapple on the loader.
sorry I don't know the cost for one.

Thanks for all the good responses. I will go with the 930 (758) and will find out about the thumb.

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #17  
I have the 758 on my 34DA and am pleased with it. It only weighs a few more lbs. than the 757 but has a lot more digging power.

Dave

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #18  
I have a 758C on my TC45DA which I think is the same frame just larger engine. I like the 758C and would not want to downsize. I can reach deeper and lay the dirt out farther. I do not feel it is over sized for this frame at all. As far as the hoe moving the tractor around it will move any tractor how you operate it. I went with the 18 in bucket then got a 12 for trenching. I was told not to go below a 12 for trenching as anything smaller the dirt likes to stick inside it. I found the 12 is good for trenching because if you have 4 in pipe in the ground you can barely straddle it with your feet to set the correct fall if you are trying to install a drain. The 18 is good for footers. I have never used a 24 in bucket. Good luck to you. You are gonna love having the backhoe. Paul

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #19  
Paul2000 said:
I have a 758C on my TC45DA which I think is the same frame just larger engine.

The TC45DA is a significantly larger tractor than the TC34DA. The 45 is the high end of what New Holland calls (called?) their "Class III" Compact Tractors. The TC34DA is a "Class II". The TC45DA weighs almost 40% more than a TC34DA (weight of bare tractor).

In my mind, there is no question that the 758C backhoe is a better match for the TC45DA than the 757C.

Whether the 758C or the 757C is a better match for the TC34DA is an open question in my opinion. I guess a lot depends on operator technique, and what you are digging. It does not surprise me at all that those who have this combination are happy with the BH. It's a great backhoe. You just need to be aware of the limitations of having it connected to a smaller, lighter tractor.

John Mc

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #20  
Getting in on this late. No experience with a BH on the NH tractors. But when we used our Case 580 Super M, we would put down the pads and front loader so that both front and rear wheels were off the ground. this eliminated a lot of "wiggle" when digging. Wondering if that an option if using the 758C on the TC33/TC34 scale tractors and also if adding a couple nose weights (along with the loader) would make a difference.

Been considering getting a BH for my TC33DA off and on. Since this discussion came up, thought it a good time to bounce ideas off of others that do have a BH hooked up.