Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #1  

DCJL

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC34DA
Which backhoe do you guys recommend for a TC34DA, the 757, 758, or 759?

My dealer says they usually put the 757 (the new 920BH I think). Sound right or should I be looking at the next size up, the 758?

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #2  
Personally, I agree with your dealer. I'd go with the 757. I've got a TC33D with a Woods 7500 backhoe and find it a good match. The woods 7500 is similar to the 757C.

Unless the Tractor grew a lot in it's reincarnation from the TC33 to the TC34 (I don't think this is the case), I think the 758 is a bit too much hoe for it.

My dealer agreed at the time I was Backhoe shopping. He even went so far as to say that the inclusion of the 758 on the accessories chart for the TC33 was a screw up on someone's part at NH (or at best a typo on the chart).

John Mc

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA
Thanks for the reply. Comparing the 2 hoes, the 758 is only 27lbs heavier but has a substantially higher bucket digging force, 2675 vs. 3550 although the dipper digging force is only 150lbs different. Do these numbers make a lot of difference? I have not seen these in person to compare them, but with only 27lbs difference it is hard to imagine much of a physical size difference between the 2.

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #4  
I've had a NH 758C on my TC30 for almost a year now and am very satisfied with the combination. The hoe is not too large for the TC30 (similar size and weight to your TC34) and has easily handled some very demanding digging projects. I would not want to give up the extra reach it provides.

The listing of this hoe by New Holland for your tractor is not a mistake. The only mistake would be to buy the 757C instead.

Iggy

Thanks Iggy, nice to hear both sides of the story. Anyone else?

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #6  
I also suggest you go with the 758. The extra reach makes it a lot easier to place your spoils on certain jobs. Parttimer also has a TC30 with the 758 on it and has been happy with it. I know this is a dumb question but we need to be sure. You are only considering it with the subframe and not the 3 point hitch mount, correct? I have a 758C on a 1920 and it will sometimes pull the tractor around but I have been happy with it. Another consideration is bucket (or buckets) sizes. Mine has a 16" hd bucket (on the hoe when I bought it) but if I was doing it over I would get a 12" and 24" bucket. Bill C

Definitely with the sub-frame, never a question about that. Yea I was wondering about bucket size. The 16" seems like a good general purpose bucket but I could certainly see the advantage of having both a 12" and a 24" bucket. Use the 12" for digging trees and rocks, hard pack, digging trenches, planting trees, and the 24" for softer conditions such as sand, moving placing rocks, mixing mulch etc. Tough choice. Anyone try digging with a 758 and a 24" bucket?

/ Best sized NH backhoe for TC34DA #8  
I have the 757C on my 34DA all year round --I love it with that said if I had the opp to do it over again I would have ordered the 758 -the extra reach is a plus -I beleve the 758 is a wider station to work from.
In this case bigger is better.

I would research other companys besides NH.check out extra features like The thumb no matter which company you go with, it would help moving your landscape rocks.

also I highly reccomend the toothbar for your loader--I got mine from markham --it makes your loader in to a bigger backhoe.
that tooth bar saves me so much time great on stumps but that's another story.(another thread)

Thanks for all the info. Going with the 930 (758 equiv) with the 16" bucket.
A couple more questions.

Does the bucket come with teeth?

Do you guys see any need for a thumb if I have a Millonzi 48" grapple on the front?