SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #11  
Not to answer for JagAlfaOwner

But the BX24 handles them well - even when it feels uncomfortable. I have very steep slopes, 10-30 degrees (my inclinometer only goes to 25), where I have spent the majority of my first 85 hours and the wheels have never left the ground. Honestly, the numerous previous threads here on the topic, are why I have had no issues. Folks braver than me have shared their experiences and their advice has stuck like a litany

It also depends on your setup and what you are doing. With FEL and backhoe, I can drive across hills comfortably up to 15 degrees. With a load in the bucket, hmm, I'm not so brave - I go vertical - forward down - reverse up - never a problem. I always stay in 4WD and low gear. Have filled tires, from day one - and assume they have made a big difference.

Mowing, without attachments, I do about the same - but move a little quicker. I haven't mowed much though - so far clearing brush and saplings and moved over 60 ton of fill to create a level area for toy barn.

Most of my "pucker moments" were not as bad as they seemed. I have stopped when it feels precarious - get off the tractor - grab the ROPS and see it I can lift a wheel - hasn't happened yet.

I would imagine the other SCUTs are about the same

Just my unsolicited, humble opinion......:D

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #12  
Thanks for the input. That is the type of reports I'm looking for. I have an Iseki currently which my buddy calls it a "tipper", high c.g., narrow track amd tall skinny tires. It's great on near level surfaces, but that's it. Have had one rear wheel off the ground pointing down hill (major pucker). Don't feel like driving it any more after that. So, I'm looking at other options. Keep them coming.

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #13  
My TZ25DA (4 wheel drive) has filled tires. The first year there was not a problem in comfort. Then my wife bought me a canopy for Christmas. That give me a pucker, and my slant is signifcant toward the middle. I still mow it and the tractor maintains a slight front forward slant. I do go slower now. No Canopy and there were no issues. I might end up getting front weights for a comfort zone. I have not looked into the cost.

My dealer delivered mine and tested the hill. Not a problem. He was going to take it back or take it back if there was and that was agreed up front as that was the primary reason for purchase. My neightbor has a Deere and he was mowing my slope until I got something that could. Mine does fine forward or reverse going up and down, around trees that are near the top....

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #15  
I like the idea of having the dealer trying out under my conditions and making the purchase subject to an acceptable handling. I can observe from a safe distance.

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #16  
I recently traded my TZ25DA (2007 model) in for a larger tractor for my needs but let me tell you that TZ was one **** of a littlle tractor. I too have some hills and with the loader removed I mowed them w/ no problem, mowes like a champ. Ripped stumps out w/ tooth bar etc... There was nothing the tractor couldnt do just takes a little longer to get things done. Deffinitly reccomend loading the tires and getting ballast box for loader work.