SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #1  

James Loehr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130,Case SC,Case D,John Deere 335.
I'm shopping for a subcompact for sometime now.
almost purchased a Kubota 2350 but pulled away becouse of the dealer. Today I went to a New Holland dealer and talked with him about a TZ25DA with senitrack. also front mount snowblower and 60 mmm deck. I have studied Kubota for along time but know nothing about the New Holland. It has some clearly nicer features than Kubota but 2k more money. Would like some advice from anyone with some experence with the TZ25DA. Worth the extra money? How do you like the senitrack feature? This dealer don't have this tractor, have to go find one that has. Thanks much for any input.

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #2  
Here is my story, and my opinion. Take it for what it's worth......WELL.... Two years ago I traded my cub 5254 piece of total junk (In the shop 5 times the first year!) for a TZ 25 with sensitrack. This thing is awesome! I mow about 2 acres a week, run a woods tiller for my garden, blow snow with a woods ss52 snowblower (have a Sims cab) and have absolutely NO complaints. It really amazes me for such a small tractor. (keep in mind, it is a sub compact, not a bulldozer...) I have bigger machines but always find myself hopping on the TZ. It has been back to the dealer 0 times.....OH, it is also great on fuel. I also could have bought for the kubota for about 1500 less, but I chose NH and am very pleased. I like it so much, I even bought a NH hat!:D

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #3  
I have a TZ18da which is the same tractor pretty much, just less HP. I am used to a Ford 1520, and a JD 855. When I am on the tractor it feels just like when I was on the 1520. I have been really suprised with what it will do. I have a FEL, a 4' box blade, and a 5' Bush Hog finishing mower. Depending on the price difference, you may want to look at the TZ18.

How much did the dealer want for the TZ25?

Are you sure about the MMM? I like my mower out back. It works good for a counter weight to the fel, and you don't lose all of the ground clearance. I also like the ease of getting under the mower to clean it, or remove the blades. I guess it depends what all you are going to use the tractor for.

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT
They are asking 14750. for tractor, frontmount snowblower,and 60 mmm. I have a larger kubota with 72 rearmount finish mower I use on 4 acres of wide open field but it's not very handy using it in the yard or close to fences..Just replaced 10 feet of fence when I got tangled up in it on a corner. I like the idea of a smaller horsepower unit,was also pricing a BX1850 but i'm wondering if it will handle a 50 snowblower. I have a 500 foot driveway and 100 X 80 yard by the buildings. the yard gets drifted very bad at times. For that reason I started looking at higher horsepower. I have buildings on three sides of the yard so the loader don't work well for this. aside from that a tz18 or BX1850 would do everything else. Thanks for your help.

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #5  
I have a TZ25 DA. I mow a steep incline and a little over 2 acres. It does it without hesitation. My neighbor has a Deere 855, 4 wheel drive. He added the rear PTO this past summer and we will be sharing connections. M wife loves to use the Blade and enjoys helping me when she can (I get to use my small Craftsman).
I paid a little over 12,000 with the MMM 60 inch with zero interest. An expensive mower but very very handy to have around. I got a trailer hitch for it and now I move my trailer with it rather than the Envoy.
The dealer ordered the "Replacement Plate" for the seat mount (see TZ Cracking Seat Mounts) so make sure that is done before pick up as it is not likely to see the dealer in a long time!

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #6  
I have the BX 2350 and could not be happier! And it is for the same reason, the dealer. I was interested in the TZ 's and thought that was what I was going to get. But I was unhappy with the two dealers that are near me. then I search the TZ's and fount the cracked seat problem and then the over heating when mowing thing do to the front mount radiator that gets clogged with grass. And then a person in my area that had bought a bigger model NH called me to see if I had a wrench that was a real odd size so the pressure in the trans could be relieved and they could push it onto a trailer to be fixed. That was six weeks ago and the shop still has no idea what the problem is.:eek:

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #7  
I sell both, both are great tractors. Buy form the dealer that you think is better. The differences are minor enough that they don't really matter, in the long run you'll be happier working with a good dealer who can properly support and service the machine.

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #8  
I looked at small JD, NH Massy and Kubota. I actually liked the Massy dealer as a person, but the prices were out of my range. I thought the Deere was a very well designed tractor and so was the NH but they also were too pricey. Ended up with a small Kubota. I wasn't too happy about the dealer but my wallet liked it a lot better. I'm happy with my decagon, because since purchasing a slightly used machine (74 hrs at the time) I have not seen the dealer. I do the maintenance myself and it didn't have any problems at all. That said I thought the JD and NH ranked the highest on my list. Heck! They are all great just some of the dealer sales-prevention teams give them a bad name.

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT
Just an update, after canceling a order for a Kubota 2350 becouse the dealer did not seem to have any interest in delevering the tractor. I started looking at the TZ25 NH only to find one dealer with no tractors and another with no interest to sell one to me. He just walked away and I just left never to return to that place again. I had to travel 35 miles and found another Kubota dealer and got a BX 2350 with loader,60mmm and snowblower. I love the tractor so far as I'm sure I would have loved to own the NH. As for dealers the one small problem I had was solved for me by the good poeple on this forum.They are way more help than any dealer I have ever worked with. Thanks to all.

/ SHOPPING FOR SUBCOMPACT #10  
I have a TZ25 DA. I mow a steep incline and a little over 2 acres. It does it without hesitation.]

I'm looking for something that can handle slopes without giving me the feeling that it's going to flip over. My property is mostly in the 12-17 degree slope range. How is the handling on yours with this tractor?