Price Check Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader.

/ Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader. #1  

arnoldziffel

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 4225h, Mahindra 2516, several Toro Wheel Horse 522xi machines.
A fine, local New Holland dealer has a new TC40DA tractor with a matching 72" loader. I'm paying cash, I have no trade. What would be an exceptional yet realistic price for this machine?

/ Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader. #2  
Has the dealer made a price on the machine? Does it have any extras like supersteer? I bought my TC40D with supersteer 4 years ago and gave about $22,000.

/ Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader. #3  
arnoldziffel said:
A fine, local New Holland dealer has a new TC40DA tractor with a matching 72" loader. I'm paying cash, I have no trade. What would be an exceptional yet realistic price for this machine?

I think you will pay $23k to $24k for that tractor at today's prices. It is an older model that has been on the dealer's lot awhile, so he may be willing to deal closer to what AndyG suggested. I think I'd offer $21,500 and see what he countered with. Always offer a little lower than you think his bottom price is and see what he comes up with. Your cash deal is a nice, quick, and clean deal that just may get you into that tractor at a very bargain price.

/ Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader. #4  
I don't consider a cash deal to be an advantage any more. Auto and equipment dealers often make more on financing than they do on the equipment.

/ Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader.
The tractor I'm considering has a 16LA LOADER not a 17LA loader. Does that make a pricing difference? Does a 16LA loader have more or less capabilities than a 17LA loader? Also, this tractor does NOT have supersteer - - just a standard front axle. Thanks for your responses. This is a big purchase for me and obviously I'm a novice.

/ Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader. #7  
The 17LA loader is only for super steer tractors.

If anything, the 16LA is actually a stronger unit as the lift arms are not as long as on the 17LA (needed to clear the axle of the super steer).

Good luck!

/ Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader. #8  
If you have cash why not buy an almost new used one? I bought a TC40DA supersteer 17LA loader with 50 hrs and looked like new for $17,000

/ Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader.
I'd like to find a nice used one but have not. At the risk of offending some, I did just find a 2005 John Deere 4410 with loader and 3 point finish mower for $19,000. Today's equivalent JD 3720 with the same equipment is $25,500. The New Holland has been quoted at $26,000 with loader and mower. Some of you suggest I may be able to negotiate this down some more. $24,000??? Thoughts?

/ Pricing a new New Holland TC40DA with loader. #10  
The Deere 4410 sounds like a better deal to me if you would consider a used tractor. Check it over well and make your decision. A year from now both tractors will be used. Buying a good tractor used at a much lower price is a smart decision. Polish and shine are very expensive. Without them, you can save big bucks.:)