Value of a 7710

/ Value of a 7710 #1  

Wildcat Ranch

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TN65
A 7710, 2wd with cab just popped up in the local paper. I just talked to the guy and he said he bought this tractor last year for a fertilizing tractor but selling it now because he's a JD guy and found a 6400 that replaced the ford. Sounds like he still using it has a big gun sprinkler mover. He says the hour meter was replaced at 5000 hours and the one now has 1200 so how long the previous hour meter didn't work, is not known.... It was a county tractor that was used as a side mower. People have said that county equipment is abused but around here, all the guys that I have seen driving them are in there 40-50's and I don't ever see them being driven rough. I know I need to go look at it but he is asking $12,500 and he claims thats what our local JD dealer would give him for it. Is that a good price if it is in good condition as he claims? Anybody have any comments or things to look for on this model. Robert, I know you have one, how do you like it? How many hours can a tractor like this go before I can expect to have to start rebuilding drivetrain components and the hydraulic pump?

/ Value of a 7710 #2  
I've got a 7710, I bought it a few months ago, it was pretty rough looking and I got a heck of a deal because I bought it through a gov. auction. Mine has something like 1,200 hours if I recall correctly and from what I can tell has had a VERY light life, was used as a sweeper. That price does sound reasonable, there's quite a few on tractor house right now for 16K and UP! I really think it's a good dependable tractor and so far has been really easy to work on.

What do you plan on using it for?

Does it come with any attachments?

/ Value of a 7710
I haven't gone out and looked at it yet. 86hp is a little more then what I'm needing. I want to replace my tn with something that has bigger tires and hopefully a cab. I'm only doing hay for now, so you know, the usual disc mower, rake, baler and bale wagon. I have been thinking about offering to do tillage work but I'm going to need a disk first...

/ Value of a 7710 #4  
I bought one just before I got hit by the train. The hour meter said 2792 but is broken, so no telling how many hours are on it. It is four wheel drive with a boom mower on the back, and dual rear tires. Open station with a canopy. Paid $9700 for it with the boom mower. I broke the 3-R shifting fork and am going to have to split it to replace that. I don't want to tackle something as big as a 7710 for my first "split job", so I am waiting till I can save up enough money to pay for it.
I don't have a good use for the 7710, as it's main purpose is to pull the JD 2555 out when I get it stuck.
I think Robert in NY's tractor is a 7710-II if I am not mistaken. It is a lease 10 years newer than mine.I sure hope he figured out a way to keep it, although it sure seemed doubtful.
David from jax