Looking at a used TC25

/ Looking at a used TC25 #1  

Tractor
Farmall 656, w/fel
Hi I am looking at a used NH TC25 at a local dealer. This machine is equiped with a 63" front blower and has 180 hours on the tach. They are askin 14,900.00 for the package, I will work them down. What do you think????

/ Looking at a used TC25 #2  
What year, does it have a loader or mid mount mower also? That seems really high to me at first thought. I'd be surprised if you have much luck negotiating any lower on it either. Used machines are priced crazy.

Brad

/ Looking at a used TC25 #3  
Front blowers are expensive but $14,900 still seems high.

/ Looking at a used TC25
radman1 said:
Front blowers are expensive but $14,900 still seems high.

I drove it today and run the blower. It is a 1999 model has a full hyd. blower. (Hyd. lift, Hyd. shute rotator and Hyd. flap adjustment.) This includes a rear hyd outlet, extendable link ends, a swivle seat and the tractor has supersteer. It has industrial tires at about 85-90%. The pain has been touched up but it all looks good and sounds good. The dealer droped the price to 14500.00 but I believe I can get him lower. He also offered a 100 hour power train warrenty. I will try to talk him down more tomarrow.

/ Looking at a used TC25 #5  
Does the blower run off the mid pto? If it runs off hydraulics, it won't have much power with the low hydraulic flow rate. If it runs off pto, your good.

It still seems to expensive even with the hydraulics on the blower. Even new, I can't imagine the blower being that expensive but maybe I am wrong. A new rear blower may cost about $2000 or less.
I bought my 2000 Case-IH Dx29 for $8500, used with 130 hours in 2002. It also had a few months of warranty remaining. HST, swivel seat, extendable links, mid pto, one rear hydraulic and R4 tires. I bought it from a dealer in the dead of winter. I thought that was a great price for the tractor.

/ Looking at a used TC25 #6  
If you do buy it, get the 100 hr powertrain warranty in writing. It is very rare for a dealer to give any warranty on used equipment, even with low hours. It comes directly out of their pocket and they may cut every corner to keep from making repairs or for labor.

/ Looking at a used TC25 #7  
Late December just past, I bought a 1998 Tc 21d with mower two sets of tires, it had 300 hours on it. This machine is spotless and had not 1 mark on it until I got it. I handed over $5000 and did it with a smile. I personnaly don't think 4horsepower and super steer with a snowblower is worth another $9000.
I went and had a loader put on it and still don't have $8500 in it.

Brad

/ Looking at a used TC25 #8  
Actually, that front blower is about 4 -5k with the Quickconnect subframe. I am currently purchasing a Farmall 45 cab and have been researching all the snow options. The front snowblowers are butt expensive. :eek:

Thanks

Bob

/ Looking at a used TC25 #9  
656 said:
I drove it today and run the blower. It is a 1999 model has a full hyd. blower. (Hyd. lift, Hyd. shute rotator and Hyd. flap adjustment.) This includes a rear hyd outlet, extendable link ends, a swivle seat and the tractor has supersteer. It has industrial tires at about 85-90%. The pain has been touched up but it all looks good and sounds good. The dealer droped the price to 14500.00 but I believe I can get him lower. He also offered a 100 hour power train warrenty. I will try to talk him down more tomarrow.

Any news yet??

Will

/ Looking at a used TC25
I called the dealer today and offered them 13,500. out the door.He said he couldnt go that low. I asked how close he could come to that. The sales man said he would call me back. About an hour later he called and said he didnt want to drop the price yet because some one else was looking at it too and he was there first. I told him to give me a call if its still for sale.