New (to me) TS100A

/ New (to me) TS100A #1  

sprint27c

Hi guys. I had hoped to post here prior to the sale but couldn't get registered quick enough....

Just picked up this 2004 TS100A for $36,410....hoping like heck this was a good deal. Seller sounds like a great guy and assures me this thing is in like-new condition - he paid $48,500 new.

Buying it to work 40 acres of alfalfa/hay. My family has had the acreage for 20 years and remarkably the land has been dormant the entire time. I finally found the time to get it in shape and am hoping this tractor will help us out...

/ New (to me) TS100A #2  
I feel you got a heck of a deal and if the hours listed on the Ebay listing are true you got an amazing deal given that it is FWA with the best cab in this class and it has a loader (granted, it isn't a NH loader but still is better then nothing). I wouldn't feel bad about that deal and would be smiling as I wrote the check:)

/ New (to me) TS100A #3  
That's plenty of tractor for that size acerage...

soundguy

/ New (to me) TS100A #5  
I have the TL100A , it's an 06 model . I would prefer to drive it than my car . You will have this funny feeling of satisfaction while you are driving it . They are awsome . I mulch scrub in the 1000 rpm PTO setting @ 1300 engine revs , nearly unbelievable . I get 2 days work out of the fuel tanks , 135 litres @ $1.69pl = $228 and make $2200 in that time , it's the best money maker i own .

/ New (to me) TS100A
Super - all good news it looks like!

We won't actually get the tractor until next week. Fortunately my father-in-law is a flat-bed truck driver and can make the haul from Alabama to here in Ohio...

Kinda funny about the equipment though...the fields we are working are actually land-locked in a woods down a somewhat narrow path. That ruled out the big Rogators from the Co-Op so first on the list was a sprayer to get Round-Up & Co. on the weeds. We picked up an old Ag-Chem 501 on the cheap from a JD dealer...so that officially is our first implement.

For the rest we'll borrow to make it through the year (disk, plow, drill, etc.) Next year we'll do some purchasing...spend our money on a good round baler and disk mower. Having fun so far...hope it lasts.

Thanks again for the comments.

/ New (to me) TS100A #7  
My dealer let me "borrow" a 2007 TS110A this weekend because my JX is in the shop. Totally awesome machine. I put 10 hours on it brush hogging about 80 acres and then drove it back to town (about 7 miles) at 22 MPH. Smooth as silk and the 16 speed hydrualic shuttle was amazing. I'll be trading in my JX85 on either a TL or TS soon.

/ New (to me) TS100A #8  
My dealer let me "borrow" a 2007 TS110A this weekend because my JX is in the shop. Totally awesome machine. I put 10 hours on it brush hogging about 80 acres and then drove it back to town (about 7 miles) at 22 MPH. Smooth as silk and the 16 speed hydrualic shuttle was amazing. I'll be trading in my JX85 on either a TL or TS soon.

The have been mowing our right-aways with a couple of NH's this summer. I had a look at them when they were parked for the day on evening. On is the T5060 which is the replacemen for the TL100A. NICE, machine. Might high on my list. Great purchase by the way.

/ New (to me) TS100A
Following up on the topic of this post:

We received the unit about 2 weeks after purchasing it on eBay. It was in VERY good condition - though appeared to have no basic maintenance done over the 175 hours the guy used it. Nothing had been greased and the engine and cabin filters were completely plugged with Alabama red-clay dust. The guy said he had used it strictly for mowing and that was apparent as the bucket had never been used.

We serviced everything up to par and promptly put the TS100A to work mowing 45 acres with a rented 15' bat-wing bush-hog...then mold-board plowing it all under.

The tractor has been a pleasure to run - very capable with the 4-bottom plow and the big bat-wing. Its extremely quiet and is a pleasure to operated despite having the bare-bones 12-speed synchro-shift transmission. The air-conditioning was very capable on the hottest days though we'll be turning the heat on to do the disking over the next few weeks...:eek:

I have few complaints except that the shuttle shift lever is really under-built for its task....4 tiny screws to take the lever and torque of the shift lever kept backing out. Finally a bit of JBWeld seems to have firmed that up. And the flow rate adjustment of the 3-point hitch is hiding somewhere that we can't seem to find.

Overall - we're very happy and after watching the pricing for equivalent tractors - we feel we got a helluva deal on this tractor. Yeah for us!

/ New (to me) TS100A #10  
Thanks for the update. You got a great deal on an excellent tractor. If I could find a TS with loader and only 176 hours for that price, I'd jump on it.