New Boomer Model Numbers

/ New Boomer Model Numbers #1  

dgl24087

Veteran Member
Tractor
1975 John Deere 1530
I just noticed the NH website has the new numbering system. Example: The former TC40/T2310 is now a Boomer 3040. The former TC55/T2410 is now a Boomer 4055.

/ New Boomer Model Numbers #2  
I am starting to wish they would quit messing with the numbers and keep things the same for a while. I didn't see anything wrong with their original system and understood the reason behind the T series but why change again so soon? Oh well, it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out the new model numbers.

It appears they are going to mimick Deere in which the first number is the frame size and in this case the last two are horse power. I am not sure what the second will be yet but if it is like Deere it will be for model grade (economy, standard, deluxe) or it could be for when they run this model numbers up to the 100hp tractors. I have not kept up with New Holland much lately otherwise I would have known this.

/ New Boomer Model Numbers #3  
Funny thing is that Deere is changing their model numbers to include letters.

/ New Boomer Model Numbers #4  
Maybe they are getting into selling decal sets. Everything else is the same. Every 3 years just update the decals. Neighbors will be impressed you trade so often !

/ New Boomer Model Numbers #5  
It seems like they're running out of letters and numbers!

I heard that the "T1234" numbering system that did away with the good old "TCEngineHorsepower" model numbers was started in Italy by some woman who works (worked?) for Fiat.

I just sold a BOOMER 2035, which is a T2210, which is a TC34.

New Holland definitely screwed themselves up on this one. And 20 years from now when somebody needs a part for a T1510 or a T1520, it might actually be a 1510 or a 1520. Ugh!

/ New Boomer Model Numbers #6  
And when they can't find the part easily, they give up, park the tractor out back and go buy a new one, which is what NH is in the business of selling...
David from jax

/ New Boomer Model Numbers #7  
Speaking of decals, our NH rep told us that they're going to give out new BOOMER 20Whatever decals to put on the loaders (if customer buys a loader) since the model number of the tractor is conveniently hidden behind the loader and people want to know how much that "270TL" is.

Nice tractors, but dumb and silly marketing management.

/ New Boomer Model Numbers #8  
A re-read of my above post makes it sound like I am picking on New Holland, but in reality, it seems anything any of the manufacturer's are trying to do whatever it takes to get you to park your old tractor and buy a new one...
Guess they gotta sell tractors to stay in business.
David from jax

/ New Boomer Model Numbers #9  
A re-read of my above post makes it sound like I am picking on New Holland, but in reality, it seems anything any of the manufacturer's are trying to do whatever it takes to get you to park your old tractor and buy a new one...
Guess they gotta sell tractors to stay in business.
David from jax

Don't worry David, they all want to sell tractors which is why Deere changes hoods so often. They want the tractors to look different so people know it is the newest and greatest:rolleyes:. New Holland and Agco just change decals to designate significant changes (New Holland more then Agco)