Where to get a Loader for a TN75

/ Where to get a Loader for a TN75 #1  

DirtyDusty

Tractor
New Holland TN75
I have a problem. I just bought a used Tn75a It has the midmount valves and joystick already on it, and before I bought it I called one of the local NH dealers to get a price on the loader for it. He told me $4700 for Bush Hog loader that would be stronger than the factory loader. When I drove 1600 miles round trip and got back he said that it ended up being $5175.00 and that it was three weeks out and if I wanted a midmount instead of a front push that it would be even higher. After he told me the model no. it was, I looked it up and he was comparing breakout at pivot pins against the factorys weight measured at 31.5. So I told him I was going to check at other dealers and he said that was fine. When I started calling around they seemed to know of the situation and where all quoting me prices of $6700 and up for a factory loader. Are these prices even close? Anyone know where I can get a loader at in North Louisiana? I would be willing to drive a little ways just to get away from these people.

/ Where to get a Loader for a TN75 #2  
sounds about right to me.
I paid 6000 dollars for my NH loader in spring of 07 when I bought my TN75.

/ Where to get a Loader for a TN75 #3  
$6500 to $8000 for a loader on a tractor that size isn't out of line.

Depends whether you need mechanical self-leveling, quick attach bucket / manure fork / pallet forks.

Good luck!

/ Where to get a Loader for a TN75
What is meant by "stronger"?
Bob

By stronger he means that the lifting capacity was higher and the mounting system was a front push mount which he says eliminates the bolts shearing off in the tranny housing due to pushing something with the loader. He went on to explain that the factory mid mount loaders where a problem because the mounting system was too weak to handle the tractor's power and that the bolt holes would wallow out and break off. He says that they have them come in all the time like that.

I found a factory loader at another store, it is the new 810 instead of the 32la that is no longer made. I noticed in the NH literature that they also have the 820 available for the TN70 and TN 75. They quoted me a price of $5700 for the 810 with a quick-attach bucket non self level. They have the 810 instock and would have to order a 820 which would bring the price up considerably.

/ Where to get a Loader for a TN75 #6  
He could be right on the mounts and not just talking stuff to you.
I have the NH loader on my TN75 and I've sheared bolts off already. (big freaking expensive bolts).

/ Where to get a Loader for a TN75 #7  
My TN55 has one mounting bolt that is apparently SAE and the other 3 are original metric. I removed mine (quick attach/33LA) and found that at least a couple of them were loose.

Loose would also allow them to be sheared off (I bought mine in the spring with ~600 hours, so I can't speak for what happened in the past). Just my free information (and worth about that). I will be checking mine occasionally for that reason.

/ Where to get a Loader for a TN75 #8  
By stronger he means that the lifting capacity was higher and the mounting system was a front push mount which he says eliminates the bolts shearing off in the tranny housing due to pushing something with the loader.

Thanks for the reply, now I understand.
Bob

/ Where to get a Loader for a TN75 #9  
My TN55 has one mounting bolt that is apparently SAE and the other 3 are original metric. I removed mine (quick attach/33LA) and found that at least a couple of them were loose.

Loose would also allow them to be sheared off (I bought mine in the spring with ~600 hours, so I can't speak for what happened in the past). Just my free information (and worth about that). I will be checking mine occasionally for that reason.

I would agree that bolts usually shear when they get loose. Loader mounting bolts tend to loosen, although not if they are torqued properly ( locktite also helps). My TN75 bolts are still tite after 5 plus years/
Andy

/ Where to get a Loader for a TN75 #10  
Seeing as how the topic was fresh on my mind, I checked mine again today. I had been using my loader to level off a home made sort of arena (large figure 8 really) and I now have one sheared off bolt (M20 something thread pitch). The bolt that had been replaced is a 7/8" with mostly wallowed out threads (these are the two forward bolts). It wasn't too bad getting the lift arm mount off, but the upper one inside the cab is (I think) a coarse 5/8". The M20 is the same pitch (happens occasionally) but is a slightly larger diameter (~0.675 IIRC).

Got it drilled out to 1/2", and attempted using a left hand spiral easy out. Now scratching my head (I really don't want to break tha toff in there). Blasted it with Kroil and leaving it overnight. Looking at the price of taps $50-60. That will also entail drill bits and drilling out the lift arm bracket.

The bracket has a crack in it (not spread, just cracked). Will have to determine the best method of fix: mig or arc welding.

May end up taking it to be tapped out (though if I do it myself I will then have the tap and bits). Will have to confirm the max size my drill dr will take.....joy!