Used TC55 prices

/ Used TC55 prices #1  

Cougarrrgt

Hi everyone, I've been watching and learning a lot for the last year on this site and this is my first post. While looking for a perfect tractor for my 70 acres, I think I've decided on a TC 55. Surprisingly, there are two available in close proximity to me. One is a 2004 with 906 hours with ag tires and the other is a 2003 with R4s and 470 hours and EHSS. Both have the 18LA loader. The 2004 is listed for $18500 and the 2003 is listed for $22000. Since I don't really know if there is a way to figure depreciation or price adjustment between 470 and 906 hours, can someone quantify this for me? Is there a formula like how many miles is on a car? Also, can someone put a price on EHSS option on a used TC55? Of course I am leaning towards the 2004 due to price and the type tires I think I need and also because the EHSS sounds like something else that could go wrong in the future that might cost a lot to fix. But then the fact that I think too much usually gets me into trouble because I don稚 have the experience you guys do.
And since I read that you guys usually ask additional questions, here are some ideas about what my future plans are: I have property that has been partially logged with remaining stumpage, the rest mostly wooded (that I may selectively lumber in the future), I also want to plant some food plots for local wildlife habitat, I also have a 30 tree apple orchard that I would like to expand, some low areas that I would like to dig out eventually and create a pond or two, and also try some other crops on a small scale. Thanks for any inputs.

Mark

/ Used TC55 prices #2  
The TC 55 is a great tractor and it was the biggest compact offered by New Holland. I would have loved to have found a used TC 55 when I was looking in 06. I see that you have 70 acres and you say you will be using the tractor where the area has been clearcut. I have a TC 40 and I also have clearcut property. I may get bashed for this, but if your only use for a tractor is to plow food plots and to clear out some of the debris, I would recommend a full-size Ag tractor like the TN series. You can find a used 60 or 70 hp tractor in this line. The tractor weighs more and it will do work at a faster pace. The downside is that you will need to purchase sturdier attachments. Although, the TC 55 is at the upper limit for most if not all category 1 attachments like blades, mowers, and tillers. If i'm not careful I can really bend up attachments with my TC 40. The TN series of tractors will cost you more, but I saw a TN 60 with FEL for $23,500 right after I purchased my tractor.

Talk to the others on this site and list exactly what you intend to do with the tractor. The compacts (TC 55 & TC 40) are more user friendly when working around the house and driving over the front yard for chores. Also, consider if you intend to tow the tractor. The TN series will require a trailer with a greater weight rating along with a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup.

If you do purchase the TC 55, I personally would look at the 04 model. You may get a few thousand off the asking price or have the dealer add an attachment or two for the asking price.

/ Used TC55 prices #3  
Try the EHSS, then go back to the standard model. There was no doubt in my mind what I wanted. The TC 55 is a great tractor balance of power, maneuverability, and ease of operation. I looked at the larger frame models and they didn't fit my requirements. Also if you for some reason want out I believe the 55 has more appeal to buyers. I have a Bradco 611 backhoe on mine and it is a dynamite combination. Your spending alot of money. Don't be bashful to try them out to see what works best for your situation.

/ Used TC55 prices #4  
If you do end up with the 2003 w/ R4s you can always throw chains on it when/where needed for logging. You won't find a lot of issues with the EHSS discussed here. They are reliable for sure.

Definately try them both.

/ Used TC55 prices #5  
I went through the (with a lot less land) TC/TN debate. While at a dealer looking at his stable of used machines he pointed out the difference between a compact utility (TC55 sized unit) and a utility MF (Brazilian made model xxx). Basically a 1/2 versus 3/4 ton pickup debate (with Supersteer, my TN turns pretty nicely).

Enjoy the comparisons.

/ Used TC55 prices #6  
Hi everyone, I've been watching and learning a lot for the last year on this site and this is my first post. While looking for a perfect tractor for my 70 acres,

I looked at the TC series and finally purchased a used TN 70A with AG tires. The TN has the equivalent of the EHSS (called Power Shuttle).

400 vs 900 hrs? Who cares. If they have been well maintained, no real difference.

On 70 acres, power is everything.
Bob

PS there is no perfect tractor.

/ Used TC55 prices #7  
ive been pricing new holland tractors for the last week.like you i was looking at a TC 55 DA w/loader 4 wd drive at auction.an the prices on that tractor was $18500 to $25500 used.ive also priced a TD 80 4WD drive with ROPS an loader for $27,250.TT 75 4 wd drive 22500.we have 400acs so the tractor will be used for stacking an feeding hay shredding an a few other things.so size your tractor to your jobs.an its best to get a bigger tractor than needed if possable.