Ford 1200 with FEL

/ Ford 1200 with FEL #1  

jls3

Tractor
Ford 1200 FEL, Ford 3400 Industrial Loader
Hi
I am looking at a Ford 1200 4x4 with a FEL, year is 1984? has under 700 hours with a 2 cylinder diesel and has PS. Just wondering what others have experienced or what problems can be expected with the 1200 and if there may be a backhoe available for it. It will be used to maintain 3 acres which include garden plots and lawn mowing. What would be a reasonable price?

Thanks

/ Ford 1200 with FEL #2  
jls3:

Welcome to TBN :D! I had a little Ford 1100 for over twenty years. The Ford 1*** series were TANKS. I would probably still have my 1100 if I had a FEL; I had a dual hydraulic front blade on mine. With 700 hours it is still breaking in if it was well maintained. If I remember correctly one did not adjust the valves until 1500 hours. The most problems I had with my 1100 were body rust and electrical; usually wire corrosion problems. I did have to replace my water pump at ~1000 hours. I can not help you with pricing; I live in the NE. I do not know if you could get a compatible BH. I believe the 1100's and 1200's were a modified Category I 3 point hitch. All said I really do miss my 1100 :(. Jay :)

/ Ford 1200 with FEL #3  
Hi
I am looking at a Ford 1200 4x4 with a FEL, year is 1984? has under 700 hours with a 2 cylinder diesel and has PS. Just wondering what others have experienced or what problems can be expected with the 1200 and if there may be a backhoe available for it. It will be used to maintain 3 acres which include garden plots and lawn mowing. What would be a reasonable price?

Thanks

If it's a 1200. I think the last year they were made was 1982. All of the small Fords were pretty reliable, I'm still running a 2120 that's over 20 years old. My 1710 lasted me a lot of years also. I suspect that a 757 hoe will fit it fi you can find one. Make sure to get the frame mount kit. Have fun.

Andy

/ Ford 1200 with FEL #4  
Don't confuse the 1200 with the larger series ( 1900 + ) because when you go to look for driveline parts they are non existant. I can buy a 1200 with loader and rear 60" finish mower for 2k... only problem, broken crankshaft. I have been looking all summer at every parts place on the net and I can't come up with the parts to fix it. Looks like I will offer a grand for the attachments and see if he is insulted. I know he paid 4k for the unit three years ago.
I have had members refer me to dealers who they thought had parts... but no luck as of yet.
My advice would be not to jump in to quickly to buy this machine because the present owner probably knows the good could turn bad in a short period of time.