Trading a TC33D to a Mahindra 5500. How much should I give?

/ Trading a TC33D to a Mahindra 5500. How much should I give? #1  

Quickdraw

Tractor
NH TC33D
I have to opportunity to trade my 2000 TC33D with: FWD, FEL, 72" New Holland belly mower, R4 tires, 602 hrs to a 2003 Mahindra 5500 with: FWD, shuttle shift, FEL, canopy, R1 tires, Bush hog back hoe attachment, only 71 hrs.

My TC33D is in great shape as as is the Mahindra. The Mahindra looks brand new,
This is a private seller. He gave $27,800 for the tractor new. What should I offer him to trade?

Any suggestions appreciated.

/ Trading a TC33D to a Mahindra 5500. How much should I give? #3  
Messick

Even up? what did you fall and bump your head!
That Mahindra is worth a lot more than that and twice the machine!

Quickdraw
What did the Mahindra owner want to do?
I would not offer until you see what his thoughts are.
If you do get it even up you got the deal of the century.

/ Trading a TC33D to a Mahindra 5500. How much should I give? #4  
Messick

Even up? what did you fall and bump your head!
That Mahindra is worth a lot more than that and twice the machine!

Quickdraw
What did the Mahindra owner want to do?
I would not offer until you see what his thoughts are.
If you do get it even up you got the deal of the century.

I have to admit that, in my opinion, that series Mahindra is a workhorse. What would make that Mahindra you're looking at particularly appealing is it being front wheel assist (FWD or whatever someone wants to call it). I personally use the FEL on my tractor a LOT. The only 2wd tractor I had was similar to that Mahindra but, again, in my opinion, was totally worthless to me since do a lot of FEL work. The Mahindra tractors and Kioti tractors generally have very strong hydraulic systems on them which, in using the FEL, would be even more disappointing without the front wheels turning. When the tractor has enough brute strength to pick up a lot in the loader it makes the rears extremely light, giving you no traction. In the 2wd tractor I had I even had the tires filled, cast iron weights inside them and a counter weight on the rear and I still couldn't backup even a slight incline with a bucket full.

I mention this because I looked for a nice used Mahindra in that size for quite a while but could only fine 2wd models for sale.

/ Trading a TC33D to a Mahindra 5500. How much should I give?
I know even up is just not possible. I've been out of town for the past week so we haven't gotten to talk yet. I was thinking of offering $6000.00 plus the trailer I haul my TC33D on as well as a nearly new 5' box blade. I really won't be able to use either with the Mahindra. Way to small.

/ Trading a TC33D to a Mahindra 5500. How much should I give? #6  
Better yet... why does he want out ? One never wants less hp and the way it is setup with fel and back hoe it should be ideal.
I wouldn't consider a Koita, Mahindra, Belarus, Duetz because there is no service in my area for them. Good luck with your venture.

/ Trading a TC33D to a Mahindra 5500. How much should I give? #7  
The problem with the Mahindra is that even though they seem to be good machines, they have very low resale value at least in our area. Delers just don't want to take them in on trade.

Andy

/ Trading a TC33D to a Mahindra 5500. How much should I give?
Better yet... why does he want out ? One never wants less hp and the way it is setup with fel and back hoe it should be ideal.
I wouldn't consider a Koita, Mahindra, Belarus, Duetz because there is no service in my area for them. Good luck with your venture.

He recently purchased an excavator and has no use for the backhoe. I actually think he purchased the tractor without really needing it. He lives on a small farm with less than 3 acres of flat land and the only farmng he does is a garden. My TC33D comes with a 72" mower and I think he likes that. He does a lot of mowing. I'm certain there isn't anything worng with the tractor that he would not tell me. He is a very honest man and kind of in the family. However the family thing doesn't always work to my favor.

We have a fairly new dealer about 1 1/2 hours away. (same distance for all tractor dealers). I am concerned about that some. I'm not sure how stable they are especially in today's economy.

/ Trading a TC33D to a Mahindra 5500. How much should I give? #9  
We have a fairly new dealer about 1 1/2 hours away. (same distance for all tractor dealers). I am concerned about that some. I'm not sure how stable they are especially in today's economy.

I certainly cannot speak for the stability of that dealer since I know nothing about them. However, I can speak with a certain degree of confidence that Mahindra as a company is strong enough to weather this period of economic woes.