TD80D

/ TD80D #1  

Big Sky Blue

I thought I might get a few mor looks if I posted this in its own thread.

Sorry for the confusion.
Matt

I too am looking at purchasing a NH TD series tractor. I am looking at an 2007 NH TD80D with 180 hours. I has a NH 820 FEL, Open Station, 12x12 Shuttle Tranny, 2 remotes, Ag Tires, 3d Function on Loader (ran off of a Fasse Valve/electrohydraulic switch), bucket/grapple. Price is $33K. I am currently running my operation with a Farmall 460 and an 8N. I think that this tractor will do what i need it to do but am willing to go bigger because I would rather have more than enough rather than not enough. I have 40 acres in west central Montana on which I run some horses and various 4H critters. I put up 30 acres of grass/alfalfa hay with the tractors I mentioned and a NH 660 RB, NH 575 SSB, NH 499 Mower Conditioner, NH 57 Rake. This new tractor will be asked to do it all as well as put in posts with a worksaver HPD 20 pounder, 18" pasture harrow, 8' back blade, and 12' offset disc, as well as snow removal. I think $33K is a good price but would really enjoy hearing what some other think. I grew up with Ford/IH tractors, the ones I have are from my dad and grandad, so I haven't looked at much else so far but if the quality is not there anymore and I have heard that it isn't then I will have to go to the quality.
Thanks in advance for the input,
Matt

/ TD80D #2  
I can't cpment on this particular model, but I will comment on New Hollland vrs. Deere adn Kubota. They all build solid tractors. Each have some problems from time to time. I have had 5 Ford/New Hollands (currently 2) and they have been pretty flawless. One is now 32 years old.
I don't thnk there is any other manufacturer you could step up to and guarantee getting any better machine. Especially in this size catagory, the New Hollands are built very strong.

Andy

/ TD80D #3  
Hey Big,

Decided to answer you on this thread. You should do fine with the TD80D but it has around 62 HP at the PTO so be aware of that. The price seems okay, but just so you know I paid $41K for my CaseIH FA 95 (same as TD5050 or TD95D) back in July. This was with zero down and five years at 0%. All it has is more HP and a cab with a radio. Seems the TD80D you mention would be around $35K new.

I use my JX85 and FA 95 to put up lots of hay using a Vermeer 11' trail mower (TM800), Rebel 5500 Baler, and a wheel rake.

My JX85 has a cab and only 185 hours and the dealer offered just $32K for a trade, again, just FYI. He wanted $45K for a new TD5050 so I'm looking at Kubota's and the new JD 5E series to see how they compare.

Let us know what you decide.

/ TD80D #4  
The only thing I can comment on is depending on ground, the 12 ft disc might be a bit much. The 460 is a pretty heavy tractor when fully ballasted, if that is what you pulled it with.

Neighbour has a JX80 which is basically the same machine. Nice unit, not a lot of frills. I did some baling with it this summer and it worked well.

/ TD80D #5  
I thought I might get a few mor looks if I posted this in its own thread.

Sorry for the confusion.
Matt

I too am looking at purchasing a NH TD series tractor. I am looking at an 2007 NH TD80D with 180 hours. I has a NH 820 FEL, Open Station, 12x12 Shuttle Tranny, 2 remotes, Ag Tires, 3d Function on Loader (ran off of a Fasse Valve/electrohydraulic switch), bucket/grapple. Price is $33K. I am currently running my operation with a Farmall 460 and an 8N. I think that this tractor will do what i need it to do but am willing to go bigger because I would rather have more than enough rather than not enough. I have 40 acres in west central Montana on which I run some horses and various 4H critters. I put up 30 acres of grass/alfalfa hay with the tractors I mentioned and a NH 660 RB, NH 575 SSB, NH 499 Mower Conditioner, NH 57 Rake. This new tractor will be asked to do it all as well as put in posts with a worksaver HPD 20 pounder, 18" pasture harrow, 8' back blade, and 12' offset disc, as well as snow removal. I think $33K is a good price but would really enjoy hearing what some other think. I grew up with Ford/IH tractors, the ones I have are from my dad and grandad, so I haven't looked at much else so far but if the quality is not there anymore and I have heard that it isn't then I will have to go to the quality.
Thanks in advance for the input,
Matt

I'm looking around for a utility tractor for a cab for our ranch in the Mission Valley I am thinking of a NH TN75 with a cab and loader. It's about 62hp at the pto. Tractorhouse.com has scads of these types of tractors with low hours( albiet located all over the country) in the $30-35K range so $33K for an open station machine sounds a little steep to me. (I don't know if you do any winter feeding or how old you are, but I'm getting a little long in the tooth to feed in the winters without a cab as I do now.) I'd do a little looking around 'cuz I don't think that price is all that good. Look at Tractorhouse .com and you get a feel what what's available out there equipped the way you want it. You might find something that fits the bill and will be cheaper even if you have to ship it. You can also check the NH website and see what the list prices for the machine you want. Just my opinion.
Good Luck!

/ TD80D #6  
I have a TD75d (same as TD80D but last years) it has 100+ hours with no problems.it is my primary tractor for 30+ acres of corn and vegetables and at least that much mowing it is plenty heavy for plowing and power is good. my neighbor has 2 TD95Ds which he uses for hay and he is very happy with his.
mine is 4x4 cab dual remotes and loader with 3rd function, I gave 34+thousand for mine. the tractor itself was 29 thousand. price to me seems slightly high for non cab model but it probally depends on where you are located.