NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #1  

lucasr

Hi there. I'm looking for some information and could use some help.

I need a new loader tractor for general farm utility work. Jobs include primarily moving and stacking large round hay bales, occasionally moving pallets of corn and soybeans, moving snow and manure, and running 70' grain augers (8-10"), with hydraulic drive dumps.

I'm currently looking at a NH TD5050 and a Farmall 95. I realize these are nearly identical tractors, just painted a different color.

First question is: Does anyone have any experience with either of these tractors? Are they capable of doing what I want them to do? I'm primarily concerned about the hydraulics and overall tractor size/weight. (I currently am using a 29 year-old White 2-105 that is just plain worn out). I know my old White is a much larger frame, but only about 10 Hp bigger.

My 2nd question is the Case IH dealer wants about $5,000 more for his Farmall 95 than the NH dealer wants for his TD5050. Is there any reason why they aren't closer in price, since I think they come from the same factory?

I like the price of either tractor, but I'm not convinced it'll do what I want. I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me on either question. Thanks in advance.

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #2  
You will hear this from others. Which dealer is the better choice? Which dealer has the integrity to be your dealer? The better service department? Will help you when you need it? Proximity? Buying a tractor is more than just the tractor.
Bob

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #3  

I need a new loader tractor for general farm utility work. Jobs include primarily moving and stacking large round hay bales, occasionally moving pallets of corn and soybeans, moving snow and manure, and running 70' grain augers (8-10"), with hydraulic drive dumps.

I'm currently looking at a NH TD5050 and a Farmall 95. I realize these are nearly identical tractors, just painted a different color.

I know my old White is a much larger frame, but only about 10 Hp bigger.

You need to read the specs a little closer. The TD5050 and Farmall 95 are 25 HP less than your White.

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #4  
Lucas R
The tractors are identical. Pricing is dealer dependent. I just bought an 08 Farmall 95 for about 4000 less than an 08 NH TD5050 similarly equipped. You should be able to deal for the same price on either one.
Good luck

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #5  
Your old White was rated at PTO horsepower not engine! So that makes your old White about 120 engine.

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #6  
I was conteplating a new TD5050 this year, believe me your 2-105 is twice the tractor of a TD5050 or Farmall95. Remember, as nice as they look new they are an ecomony built tractor. Your 2-105 was built for heavy field work.
I would check into what your White needs since it seems all you are doing is general chores. Might save a few thousand $$$. :)

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #7  
The replies so far are spot on. They are identical tractors but NH dealers typically want a bit more as NH seems to have a bit more resale value for some reason or so my dealer says. Also, it seems Case always has better "deals" and financing when compared to NH. My dealer carries both and when I look at either Case or NH it always seems the Case incentives are better and I end up getting the Case.

Anyway, I have an older model JX as well as a Farmall 95 that I purchased in July. I really like the newer model tractor and I use it for baling hay (big round), moving bales, etc. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks,

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #8  
Are you sure they are the same tractor? The TD is the fiat based, budget model, where-as the T5000 series is the equivalent to the Case JXU or Farmall (more of a Ford lineage). Or has New Holland started to add the TD5000 prefix now? CNH seems to like to swap model names around a lot. I own a JXU85, the equivalent to the T5040.

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #9  
Are you sure they are the same tractor? The TD is the fiat based, budget model, where-as the T5000 series is the equivalent to the Case JXU or Farmall (more of a Ford lineage). Or has New Holland started to add the TD5000 prefix now? CNH seems to like to swap model names around a lot. I own a JXU85, the equivalent to the T5040.

Ah, seeing the other threads, it seems I am confused by the model designations New Holland uses - they seem to be making it more complicated.

/ NH TD5050 vs Farmall 95 #10  
If they both have the same cable set up for the clutch stay away from them. We are having trouble with an 08 Farmall 95 with a loader used to feed 100 head daily. Our dealer (Service Motors) is saying it wouldn't be under warranty because we are riding the clutch but that is not the case.

First question is: Does anyone have any experience with either of these tractors? Are they capable of doing what I want them to do? I'm primarily concerned about the hydraulics and overall tractor size/weight. (I currently am using a 29 year-old White 2-105 that is just plain worn out). I know my old White is a much larger frame, but only about 10 Hp bigger.

My 2nd question is the Case IH dealer wants about $5,000 more for his Farmall 95 than the NH dealer wants for his TD5050. Is there any reason why they aren't closer in price, since I think they come from the same factory?

I like the price of either tractor, but I'm not convinced it'll do what I want. I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me on either question. Thanks in advance.